A letter to second-semester seniors

Photo provided by Sydney Rosario '23

These Royal Dinos are more than ready to take on their last Red and Gold.

Sydney Rosario, Staff Writer

Dear Dinos,

It’s me again.

How does it feel to survive first semester?

We’re in 2023, baby.

Let’s make the most of it.

As a fellow senior, I, too, am putting myself in the mindset that this is it. We have made it to the final months of Rosary. These months will pass in the blink of an eye, and boom. We’ll be graduates. As I give advice to you, know I am giving myself a much-needed pep talk as well.

Over the past three years, we have grown into different women than the ones who entered the bright and shining gates for the first time. Now, we nonchalantly walk through the rusted gates we have taken advantage of for so long. As I reminisce, a sense of pride overtakes me, knowing that Rosary is almost done doing its job, shaping confident women who will be ready to take on the world. Soon, but not quite yet. I hate to remind you but again, five more months. Five months to rekindle old friendships, create new memories, and take each day as it comes. School will be whatever you make it. I know it’s particularly hard since the melancholy weather and unnecessary amount of freezing rain makes for perfect sleeping weather, but be resilient, Royals. It’s another test of your persistence.

Iconic .5 picture with my new BFF’s at Kairos 63. (Photo provided by Sydney Rosario ’23)

Never take anything for granted. Every lunch conversation, English discussion, and Gov lecture will spark memories you may never experience again. The next time you stare off into space, make sure to look around and see your Dinos. We are all doing this together, going through similar experiences of the trials and triumphs of high school. Especially when we all are slowly crossing the finish line of the college application process. Make small talk with someone you wouldn’t usually talk to. You never know; you might share similar hobbies or, even better, a similar sense of humor. Ta-da! Automatic new bestie.

I know it’s hard, but remember to be kind to yourself. Rosary has done a great job of emphasizing the importance of serving the dear neighbor. But put yourself first sometimes. It feels good. Take a deep breath every once in a while, and remember that grades, final scores, or personal journeys do not define you. Things happen for a reason, and it is crucial to take them as lessons, whether the outcomes are good or bad.

Class of ’23 posing with the beloved spirit stick at our favorite Homecoming rally win last year. (Photo provided by Alex Bohn ’23)

Last but not least, remember to get out of your comfort zones. During our freshman year orientation, the ASB leaders forced us to dance the Rasputin Dance on Just Dance. It was thoroughly embarrassing– flailing arms thrown in every direction with beads of sweat coating the roots of our hair and awkward smiles spreading across our faces. We entered Rosary taking that leap of faith through a stupid dance that 100% made us look like complete buffoons. We took advantage of what this new chapter in our life would look like. Almost four years later, remember the Rosary spirit of trying new things and putting yourself out there. Be open to making new friends. Never hold back a laugh. Aggressively wave that pom-pom at our last few rallies. Dance like an animal at our last Red and Gold. Wear that sparkly hot pink gown for our last prom. And when graduation comes around, have no regrets.

Seize each moment for your own.

Carpe Diem.

Love,

Your fellow Dino