“Sense and Sensibility” opens Tomorrow!

Photo Credit: Layla Valenzuela '23.

The cast of “Sense and Sensibility” smiling for a picture after rehearsal!

Layla Valenzuela, Copy Editor

Are you bored sitting at home? Are you overwhelmed with the stress of impending finals? Do you just want to have a good time?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, you should 100% come see Trinitas Arts Conservatory’s Fall show “Sense and Sensibility”!

Adapted from the Jane Austen novel of the same name, “Sense and Sensibility” is a story about a family who is forced to adapt to their new life after the father dies. The story revolves around the two eldest sisters, Elinor and Marianne, who learn a new way of life and find love as they grow older.

A refreshing period-piece, “Sense and Sensibility” is sure to be a great time. Plus, there’s dancing, dueling, and lots of romance! What more can you ask for?

Both the cast and crew have been working endlessly to put on a great production.

Matilda Simmons27 and I play mother and daughter, and we rest in between our scenes. (Photo Credit: Salvador Garcia ’24)

Matilda Simmons ’27 is excited to partake in her first Trinitas production: “My first Trinitas experience has been quite amazing, and I look forward to the next four years. I really hope the audience sees how well the show has come together and hope they enjoy it.”

The stage manager Cali Gomez ’23 says, “I’m so excited for audiences to see the hard work that both tech and the actors have put into the show.”

Makayla Palos Rodriguez ’24, who plays Marianne, says: “I’m excited to tell Jane Austen’s story on stage! I think that the lessons and morals are something that everyone should hear. Also, the costumes are pretty great.”

Costume Crew Head Allison Lillestol ’23 says, “I’m so excited for everyone to see the the costumes. Because the show takes place in the Regency Era, all of the outfits are time-period accurate, and I’m sure audiences will enjoy them.”

Currently, an average day of tech week for a Rosary thespian looks like this:

7:55-2:55: School, school, and more school

3:30-4:30: Arrive at the Servite theater and prep for a run-through! This means getting into mics and costumes, sweeping the stage, setting props and quick-change outfits, and more!

4:30-7: A full, two act run-through. Sometimes, if you’re lucky, you may be able to squeeze in a few homework assignments

7-8: Getting out of mics/costumes, resetting the theater, and getting dinner!

Cadiz Salazar ’23 studying for a test mid-rehearsal! (Photo Credit: Layla Valenzuela ’23. )

8-9: Both cast and crew may receive around an hour of notes from the run of the show! Our amazing director Katie DeCreny and technical director Isaac Gleason converse with their students and discuss the run.

9-11 (typically an earlier release): Running additional scenes! Actors may have to get back into mics while tech resets the stage in order to re-run any scenes that need a bit of extra work.

With rehearsals from 3:30 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. this week, many Trinitas-ians are rehearsing for hours at a time and have to find nonconventional ways to complete their schoolwork. Backstage, you may find a student catching up on homework in costume, resulting in an interesting picture. Have you ever seen a Regency era study-session? Now you have!

Be sure to purchase your tickets through Trinitas Arts Conservatory. You can catch the show on:

Nov. 10 at 7 p.m.

Nov. 11 at 7 p.m.

Nov. 12 at 7 p.m.

Nov. 13 at 2 p.m.

Check out all of the hard work cast and crew has put into the show. We hope to see you there!