Track and Field’s successful season

The+Rosary+seniors+getting+recognized+on+senior+night.+

Photo Provided by Taylor Gomez

The Rosary seniors getting recognized on senior night.

Colleen Schmitt, Staff Writer

This year the Rosary Track and Field team has been preforming really well. However, the season is wrapping up very quick, and we want to recognize some great accomplishments they made along the way.

This season was the first time the Rosary Track and Field time has won in Trinity League and all the coaches are incredibly proud. A lot of factors contributed to this outcome, one being having a new head coach for the past two years. Head Coach Brandon Thomas shares, “Speaking for our coaching staff, we are beyond proud of the season performances from our Royals. We feel that we are right where we need to be. Our girls are preforming at a high level right now. We would like to see our girls continue to build off the successes we’ve had this year moving into the post season.”

All of the girls worked so hard to accomplish this goal of theirs and are so excited to compete in league finals. Rosary is sending 20 varsity athletes to compete in league finals and hoping the majority make it to CIF Prelims.

Though the team already won league, some athletes will be participating in league finals this Friday, April 28, at Jserra High School. This meet is intended to try and qualify for Southern Section CIF Prelims. Senior Francesca McGuire is one of the athletes going to league finals. She shared her thoughts going into it, “I am really excited to go to Trinity League Finals. I will be running the 4 x 100m, 100m, 200m, and 4 x 400m. I want Rosary to show up and blow everyone out of the water.”

Varsity captains at senior night with Coach Brandon Thomas. (Photo Provided by Milan Smith)

Winning league was such a special accomplishment for this team because it has never happened before. Athletic Director Mr. Tice shared his excitement and what it took to get the team where they are today saying,  “This is the 17th year of the Trinity League and the first track championship in any league since last millennium, when we won in 1997, 1998, and 1999. Coach Thomas has used his enthusiasm and extensive track knowledge to build a program that is excellent in every area. The athletes are to be commended for their versatility and their months and months of training to achieve this milestone.”

Track also recognized the seniors for Senior Night with a ceremony and a team barbeque. Congratulations to the whole track and field team and good luck to the girls who are competing in the upcoming weeks!

Good luck to all of the girls competing in league finals! (Photo Provided by @rosarysports Instagram)