The calm before the storm: one week before Red and Gold

Photo credit: Sydney Rosario

Royals are all smiles with their Kona Ice!

Sydney Rosario, Staff Writer

Red and Gold is officially one week away. You can cut the tension with a knife: choruses of current Red and Gold songs are repeatiing in minds, and choreography of dances and drills have become muscle memory.

Many students feel stressed about giving their performances their all, finding the perfect finale outfits, and winning bragging rights.

Taking note of this anxious time, Ms. LaBonte ’09 and Mrs. Huerta ’94 took it upon themselves to schedule Kona Ice on Tuesday, Mar. 28, for the Royals to indulge before the last week of Red and Gold. Even though it was a little chilly, the weather did not stop students from lining up and getting a treat of yummy shaved ice. Ms. LaBonte and Mrs. Huerta’s kindness did not go unnoticed.

Sophomores enjoying each other’s time during split lunch! (Photo credit: Sydney Rosario)

Along with the sweet treat, Mrs. Kearns ’78 and Mrs. Flati gave Royals the opportunity to escape this stressful time with God. Students had the opportunity to go to Reconciliation and write letters to God. Kathleen Martinez ’23 expressed the importance of this time with God, saying, “It’s wonderful that Rosary gives me the chance for Reconciliation because Red and Gold and other stressors steer me away from my relationship with God.”

Despite the school being seemingly divided with Red and Gold affecting the majority of Royals’ lives, we remind ourselves that Rosary is truly about sisterhood and deepening our faith through events like these.

White team looking good! (Photo credit: Sydney Rosario)

On that note, Red and Gold will be such an exciting event, and I cannot wait to see it unfold on Servite High School’s stage. Each Royal’s hard work over the past six weeks has been telling!

May the best team win!