Cross-country league finals

Maya+Davis+and+Annabella+Barretto+posing+pre-race+in+front+of+the+Rosary+tent.+

Photo Provided by Annabella Barretto

Maya Davis and Annabella Barretto posing pre-race in front of the Rosary tent.

Colleen Schmitt, Staff Writer

The seniors standing in front of their senior day posters post-race. (Photo Provided by Annabella Barretto)

On October 30, Rosary’s Varsity Cross Country Team participated in the Trinity League Finals. The race was held at Huntington Beach Central Park.

Head Coach, Karson Hayden shared, “League Finals went well overall, we had improvement from multiple girls from the previous times on this course.” The freshmen really stepped up this race. One of them being Ave Oldewurtle who was the top Rosary athlete this race with a time of 21:48. Following her was freshman Samantha Del Pilar who finished with a time of 23:53. These Royals made a big contribution to the team points.

At this race, they recognized the Rosary Seniors for their last meet. Annabella Barretto and Maya Davis are the only two seniors on the team, and said they felt so loved by the other girls and parents. The team finished up the day by having a potluck with the Servite Cross-country team to end their great season.

Annabella Barretto ’23 shared, “Unfortunately, nobody made it to CIF. We are all perfectly okay with that though because we are all involved in other things throughout the year.”

Go out and support the Cross-country Royals in their other activities throughout the school year.