Servite and Rosary parents take on Friar Feast!

Parents having fun at Friar Feast! (Photo Provided by Sylvia Salazar)

Cadiz Salazar, Supervising Editor

There are several highly anticipated events that our Royals and Friars look forward to: homecoming, winter formal, prom, and MORP to name a few. However, there is one special night where parents are able to go out and have a fun night away from their kids: Friar Feast. This past Saturday, Oct. 8, Friar Feast was all the rave amongst Servite and Rosary parents. 

The night started off with different sports and Trinitas booths selling Rosary and Servite merchandise. They sold items such as margaritas in Servite glasses, clear Rosary tote bags, and much more! Friends and family were able to talk amongst one another whilst drinking and eating some delicious food! 

One of the parents’ glasses from the event! (Photo Provided by Diana Madrazo)

My mom was a personal fan of the auction and mentioned that they had a bunch of really great items — perfect for raising money for Servite!

Aimee Blanco, Servite and Rosary mother to Emily Blanco ‘26 and Josh Blanco ‘23 expressed, “Friar Feast is always a great time! It is time to enjoy an evening out with other Servite parents and friends, while supporting our kids and this amazing school!”

Friends spending time together early on in the event! (Photo Provided by Diana Madrazo)

Then, the night took a little detour as parents made their way out to the dance floor, which was (from what I’ve heard) a true highlight of the event. I was surprised with a FaceTime call from my parents with music blasting way too loud and parents showing off their dance moves. It looked like homecoming 2.0: Parent Edition.

On a mere three-minute call, I was able to see such a crazy and fun side of parents that I’ve known for four years! Maya Perez ‘23 Luna Miranda ‘23 were also on a FaceTime call, with parents showing off the amazing time they were having. As the event went on, the parents continued to dance the night away and even wanted the DJ to stay longer!

My parents and I on a video call during their dance party! (Photo Provided by Cadiz Salazar)

Miriam Miranda, mother of Luna Miranda ‘23 mentioned, “This was one of the most fun school events we’ve attended! We had a blast!” 

My mom, Sylvia Salazar, shared, “Friar Feast definitely took us back to our high school days. The food, the dancing, and being surrounded by Rosary and Servite parents was great! We will definitely be back next year.”

It is great to see these parents having a much needed night of fun and new memories, all while raising money for Servite and creating a stronger bond within the Rosary and Servite communities!