Love and Music

Photo credits: Kate Rosales '23

Kate and her boyfriend Luke strike a pose for a cute couple photo.

Daniela Arias, Staff Writer

Amidst COVID-19, it is difficult for Royals to experience a traditional Thanksgiving celebration.

Although we may not have a traditional Thanksgiving experience this year, we can still reflect on all that we have gratitude towards this Thanksgiving.

Kate Rosales ’23 shared the gratitude she has towards her boyfriend, Damien student Luke Duchsherer ’23. Kate explained that she is grateful for Luke because they provide each other comfort and consolation in an unpredictable time like now.

Kate further stated why his presence in her life is so meaningful: “He adds comfort and a lot of appreciation; he constantly reassures me and it’s very sweet.”

She further shared how she cannot fathom life without his presence: “My life would be kind of boring or maybe even anxious; he calms me down and it would be kind of hard to imagine him not in my life.”

Alongside Kate, Marlie Machado ’23 reflected on what she is thankful for this Thanksgiving. Marlie shared that she is incredibly grateful for music and described the impact it has on her life. She shared, “It makes me feel comforted and just grounded. Life would simply be less enjoyable without the presence of music.”

Marlie expressing her love for music through playing the guitar and singing. (Photo Credits: Marlie Machado ’23)

Marlie further added that there are specific artists that she is also incredibly grateful for. Marlie explained, “Billie Eilish and Tyler, the Creator truly make me feel like I am not alone and can perfectly capture my feelings within their songs.”

Though this year’s Thanksgiving festivities and celebrations may be modified, we can still take time to reflect on the presence of certain people and things that are meaningful within our life.