Fall sports banquets

Brynn Beauchamp, Staff Writer

Fall is officially gone which means all things pumpkin spice have left stores, and peppermint is in full swing! However, the arrival of peppermint means saying goodbye to our fall sports. Last week, the volleyball and golf team celebrated the end of their seasons with banquets!

The Rosary Volleyball Team concluded their season last Tuesday with a team dinner and an awards ceremony. Senior players Isabel and Esther Solorio ’23 both attended their fourth and final banquet, and they both had pretty bittersweet emotions about the night. Isabel expressed, “Attending my final volleyball banquet was so bittersweet. While I am so sad to be graduating, and I know I will miss all of the girls, the team, and the sport, I am just so happy to have even been apart of this program!”

Esther added, “This banquet definitely opened my eyes and reminded me of just how grateful I am for all of the friendships and memories I have made through this program. Knowing this is only the beginning of all the lasts I will face this year, I couldn’t be more sad.”

The freshmen pose as they soak up the last memories of their season! (Photo Provided by Sami DiCrisi ’26)

While these banquets are some of the last ones for seniors, they are also many of the first ones for the underclass Royals. Freshman player and MVP award winner Sami DiCrisi shared details on her first banquet: “My first volleyball banquet was so meaningful and fun! I felt as if we were more than just a volleyball team. It really felt like a tightly knit sisterhood with girls who care about each other. I can definitely say that I will miss the Rosary Volleyball season.”

On Wednesday, the golf team teed off their banquet with awards, a team dinner, and a night of recognizing the team for their phenomenal performance throughout the season. Junior Olivia Verbeek shared, “I was so proud of finishing a full year on varsity playing the sport I love. Even though at times golf is challenging, I pushed through. For me, the banquet symbolized the end to a good but extremely fun year!”

The Royal golf team takes once final team picture to end their season! (Photo Provided by Olivia Verbeek ’24)

Congratulations to all our amazing fall sports athletes on your amazing season! And to the seniors, thank you for your lasting contributions to our athletic programs—Rosary is so lucky to have had you over the last few years!