Royals host a RAD Winter Formal!

Photo Provided by Mrs. Kearns

Rising Above Disabilities have a blast at Winter Formal!

Alex Bohn, Copy Editor

It’s the most wonderful time of the year, and what better time is there to give back to our community?

At Rosary Academy, every class has a yearly service project where Royals fulfill our charism — “to serve the dear neighbor without distinction.” As the year comes to a close, our sophomore class has been busy preparing a RAD Winter Formal: A Winter Wonderland. Dances make up some of the fondest memories Rosary students have of their high school years, and the sophomore class strives to share the experience with others.

The event will occur this Friday, Dec. 2, and is actually the third annual Rising Above Disabilities (RAD) Winter Formal — a personal favorite of many students. As the Karcher Center transforms into a snow-dusted, Christmas-themed extravaganza, the young adults at RAD anxiously await a night full of fun.

This year’s theme — A Winter Wonderland! (Photo Provided by Mrs. Flati)

This year, 125 RAD students will get the chance to deck the halls at this merry Winter Formal. Will there be mistletoe? Will Santa stop by for a visit from the North Pole? Whatever the sophomores have planned will no doubt be a jolly good time!

Campus Ministry director, Mrs. Kearns, often shares with students the importance of giving back to our community, which is a major priority at Rosary especially in this Christmas season, where joy, peace, and hope fill the hearts of many Royals. She guides students to find the significance of providing for others whenever possible. Class service projects are a great way for the students to bond as they work together to provide some happiness for those who need a little pick-me-up this season.

Even Santa stopped by for some Christmas fun! (Photo Provided by Mrs. Kearns)

Rising Above Disabilities is one of the many organizations that Rosary supports, and the connections made between these philanthropies and fellow Royals have made a positive impact on the local community.

Rosary students give others the chance to believe in the magic of Christmas, and we hope that you do too!