Alumnae’s First Day of College

Photo Provided by Daly Holman '22.

Besties Daly Holman ’22 and Evelyn LeVecke ’22 before their last dance together.

Reagan Beuerlein, Social Media Director/Staff Writer

The 2022-2023 school year has officially started! New faces and opportunities are appearing everywhere, especially for the 2022 alumnae

Best friends Daly Holman ’22 and Evelyn LeVecke ’22, who were on the Royal Reporter last year, have taken on their new temporary homes in unfamiliar places. But being the fabulous and independent women they are, they have figured it out and shared their totally embarrassing and memorable first day of college experience with us.

Day 1 at the University of Tennessee

Daly Holman’22 took on the University of Tennessee, knowing absolutely nothing other than there would be cowboys in her presence each and every day. She is majoring in journalism and electronic media with news concentration, and she is very anxious to start because she “doesn’t know what to do and how college works.”

Daly Rae states, “I woke up at 5:30 a.m. for my 8 a.m. class because I was extremely nervous and anxious for what it was going to be like. Just as I thought things were going smoothly, I quite literally almost got ran over by a robot that delivers food. My classes are all over campus, so I walked about 8 miles in one day. But, besides that on my first day, I am loving college. Low-key would rather be a writer for the Royal Reporter though… I truly miss it so much so seniors… take it all in.”

Daly Holman ’22 first day at University of Tennessee, Knoxville. (Photo Provided by Daly Holman ’22.)

Day 1 at Xavier University

Evelyn LeVecke’22 is majoring in Marketing at Xavier University in Cincinnati, Ohio. Her first day consisted of three classes and she finished at 1 p.m. She didn’t have much to say other than, “I have 8 a.m. classes everyday, so every morning is rough, but I would say my first day went well. For the most part we just did introductions in each class and so of course I had to say I was from California. Let me tell ya, the looks I got… PRICELESS. Everyone thought I was insane. But anyways, like I said, I told them where I was from, my name, and for a fun fact I said I surf. Can I actually surf? Absolutely not. But is my daily life boring? Yes. So I had to say something cool and the best part about it is that they will never have to know the truth.” 

After reading this, you are probably getting second hand embarrassment and have many follow-up. Specifically, “How are they in college?” or “How are they going to survive?” And honestly, these are fabulous questions. I pray to God every night to watch out for these two because I don’t know who they are without each other. Just like everything in life, they will figure it out. I am so excited to see how much they have grown and what will change for them throughout the year. I will be sure to update you with how their first college semesters went.

Evelyn LeVecke taking her first day of school self timer picture. (Photo Provided by Evelyn LeVecke)