Thank you seniors

(Photo Credit: Mandy Puga)

My favorite seniors get together for a picture in their last journalism class.

Mandy Puga, Staff Writer

“Where did the time go? It’s starting to fly.” In a few days, the beloved seniors will leave Rosary Academy.

Up until now, I didn’t realize how many of these seniors have beautifully impacted my life. I wanted to write these notes of appreciation to let them know that. To say thank you.

1. Chelsea Bartilad and Skylar Cooper

My desk buddies in journalism! I have had the best time with you guys, hearing all your weird conversations about movies, love, pets, etc. You two have always been so kind to me, and I know you’ll both go far. Thank you for making me feel welcome.

Chelsea and Skylar laughing with eachother at lunch. (Photo Credit: Mandy Puga)

2. Liz Martinez

When I first met you at my first cross-country practice, I thought you were crazy. Now…you still are but… in a good way. You are so kind, amazing, and just a fun person to be around. I’m really glad that I got to have one class with you before you go off into this crazy world. Live life to the fullest. Thank you for teaching me that.

Liz smiles for the camera after publishing her last article. (Photo Credit: Mandy Puga)

3. Trinity Delacruz 

Everything about you is unique, special, and wonderful. You make me question the wonders of life in the best way. You’re a talented artist, both musically and with photography (I’ve seen your Instagram). I’ll promise to never forget you and the way you perceive life. Thank you for inspiring me.

4. Alicia Dofelmier

I’m going to miss you more than anything. You are a powerful, strong, and graceful woman with a bright future. I’ll never forget our walks with both octopuses. We made an epic short film for baby Clay. Thank you for being my friend.

5. Irene Fernandez

What I love about you is that no matter what, you will always keep going. Through trial and error, you fight through it. You keep calm during any situation and your perseverance makes me proud to be your friend. Thank you for your patience.

Irene and Mary stand together for a photo in their last journalism class. (Photo Credit: Mandy Puga)

6. Kimberly Gallo

My gym buddy. You are the strongest person I know. I love how genuinely nice you are, from hyping me up in Red and Gold to lifting weights in the gym. I’ll see you in the gym during the summer. Thank you for encouraging me to push myself.

7. Jojo Watson

Your dedication to theater is inspiring. I know you’ll make it big on the stage and thrive at Catholic University. You were there for me in my first Red and Gold as my drama captain. It’s because of your support and love that I now have the courage to take on the stage. Thank you for showing me the beauty of theater.

8. Mary Nassar 

What I want to be when I grow up part 2. Mary, you are the most creative and intelligent person I’ve ever met. There is something different about the way your brain works. I remember reading your “Love At First Sight” series for the first time. You have a gift. Thank you for showing me the magic of reading.

9. Keira Sarni

I will never forget your kindness. You’re such a hard worker. You keep your morals and beliefs close to your heart. I hope I can have your mindset one day. I just wanted to tell you that I’m proud of you. Thank you for teaching me to respect my elders.

Katie at the place she loves most, Disneyland. (Photo provided by Katie Thomas)

10. Katie Thomas

Katie Thomas. The one word I think of that describes you most is love. You are full of it. I see it in the way you look at life. The way you hugged Bridgette in “16 going on 17” reprise during The Sound of Music. The way you looked at Donnie during “Something Good.” I see it in your eyes. You love to love others, and that’s what I love about you. You are the most loving, caring human being in this world. I love having you as my friend and I am going to miss you so much. Thank you for showing me the true meaning of love.

11. Anna Dicrisi

Two words: never stop. I remember during the Thespian banquet you said, “Even though she is just a sophomore, Mandy has made a lasting impact on our program.” Even though I’ve only known you for a year, Anna, you have made a lasting impact on my life. I cannot wait to see all the things you do in this world. I’ve always been scared of the future, you know. It’s because of you that I’m not afraid of getting older anymore. I don’t think I’ll ever meet a more talented, confident person than you. Also, text me in the year 2092, I want to see how you’re doing. Thank you for having confidence in me.

12. Elena Walz

Your determination is inspiring. How do you do it all? I will never understand what motivates you to keep going. I admire your strength both mentally and physically. I want you to know that you have been a gift in my life. I feel so blessed to have a role model like you. I think it’s pretty cool to say that I was friends with the valedictorian. I will never forget the beautiful name, Elena Walz.

Thank you… for everything.