A goodbye to high school

Graduation is on the horizon! (Photo taken from Google Images via Creative Commons License)

Isabelle Brookshire, Copy Editor & Creative Writing Editor

So, this is it. The culmination of four years, four years is here. In retrospect, four doesn’t sound like a big number. It sounds like four years, 48 months, 208 weeks, and 1,461 days. Even with all these bigger numbers, it all seems so small. Like it passed by so quickly. And it did. I remember coming in freshmen year with tons of people telling me left and right that it would be over before I knew it. Now, I can’t help but agree with them. 

It’s a little strange you know? It felt exactly how long high school would be like, but it feels like it went by so quickly. I still can’t grasp that I’m about to graduate in little over a week.

But don’t get me wrong, I’m so incredibly excited to start this part of my life. I’m ready to graduate. I’m ready to go to summer. I’m even ready to go to college. 

I think a fear of mine is that I’ll forget the experiences I made in high school. I’m scared I’ll forget the amazing, wonderful people I’ve bonded with, the cool and interesting information I’ve learned, the weird and intriguing discussions I’ve had, and so much more. I think I’m afraid it will all disappear the moment I move my tassel from the right to the left.

No matter how potent that fear is, I know I’ll never forget the memories I’ve made here—the people I’ve grown to love and the growth I’ve experienced. None of this will leave me. At least, not the really, really important stuff. 

So I just want to say thank you. Thank you. Thank you to this entire experience which we call high school. Thank you to all the people, teachers and students alike, who made my high school experience unique. Thank you to time, because I get to call everything I’ve done here mine when I graduate on the 27th. Thank you to God for taking me through this all and never giving up on me. Finally, thank you to the future. There’s nothing I’m more excited for. 

Now, don’t think I’ll leave you without a slice of humor! I hope you won’t miss me too much, readers. However, if you get that unsettled feeling eating at your gut to see more of Isabelle Brookshire’s content, keep an eye out. (Wink wink.) You never know what the future holds. 

Okay, I think it’s finally time to say goodbye. I’ve never been too keen on the word, however. It’s more like a ‘see you later,’ type of goodbye. So, if anything, I’ll see you later.