Get to know Kaylee Byon

Photo Provided by Kaylee Byon

Kaylee Byon had a successful senior basketball season for her last year at Rosary.

Colleen Schmitt, Staff Writer

You may know Kaylee Byon ’22 if you’ve followed Rosary Basketball at all these last few years. Today, we are going to get to know the basketball star a little better.

Q: What do you plan on doing after graduating Rosary this year?

A: After Rosary, I plan on going to Utah Valley University to play D1 college basketball. Even further on in my life, I plan on going to dental school and specializing in orthodontics.

Q: In what ways do you participate on the Rosary campus?

A: At Rosary, I am part of the varsity basketball team. I’m also in NHS and CSF. Recently, I’ve been helping out campus ministry by partaking in being a leader for the sophomore retreat and also playing the guitar at masses with the praise and worship group.

Q: What is your favorite movie?

A: My favorite movie is “Coach Carter” because it teaches us a lesson that despite how hard things in life can be, you should never give up and in the end all your hard work will pay off. This can be very beneficial to not only my life, but everyone’s lives.

Q: What is your favorite memory with your family?

A: My favorite memory with my family would have to be going on family vacations. We don’t go on much because everyone in my family is busy so being able to be away from home and spending time with them is always my favorite.

The Byon family on a little family trip when they were all able to get away and relax. (Photo Provided by Kaylee Byon)

Q: Do you have any siblings?

A: I have 2 brothers: Brandon (20) and Tristan (13). Brandon goes to Cal State Fullerton and is majoring in Biology. Tristan is an actor and is on an ABC show called “A Million Little Things.”

Q: What is your favorite memory you have had here at Rosary?

A: My favorite memory at Rosary would have to be winning the State Championship my freshman year. My freshman year was by far the most memorable year because I made countless friendships and memories that I will never forget, and I feel like I had the most success that year.

Q: What do you like to do on your free time?

A: I am a very creative and artistic girl, so on my free time I love to play the guitar and teach myself new songs, draw, cook, bake, teach myself new calligraphy, and most importantly hang out with friends.

I hope these questions helped you get to know Kaylee a little better. We wish her luck at Utah Valley next year and the years ahead.

Kaylee Byon ’22 and Kaitlyn Panteleon ’22 wearing college sweatshirts. (Photo Provided by Kaylee Byon)