Get to know Rosary’s security guards: David and Greg

David+poses+alongside+his+podium+in+the+front+parking+lot+which+he+happily+greets+Royals+by+on+Tuesdays+and+Wednesdays.+

Photo Credits: Daniela Arias '23

David poses alongside his podium in the front parking lot which he happily greets Royals by on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Daniela Arias and Keira Sarni, Assistant Editor-in-Chief and Social Media Director/Staff Writer

Meet two of our most beloved security guards, Greg and David. You will often find Greg stationed at the front of the school wearing his customary baseball cap on Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays. David can also be found in the front of the school on Tuesdays and Wednesdays wishing each and every Royal a wonderful day.

We got to interview Greg and David and get to know them on a more personal level.

Q: Where were you born and raised?

D: I was born in San Gabriel, California, and raised in La Puente, California.

G: I grew up in Artesia, California.

Q: How long have you been a Rosary Security Guard?

D: I have been a security guard at Rosary for 5 years.

G: Um, I’m not quite sure. I don’t exactly remember, but I think this is my fourth or fifth year at Rosary.

Q: What’s your favorite part about being a member of the Rosary family?

D: I love meeting all the great girls, administration, and parents. Overall, Rosary just has an amazing

Greg poses alongside his podium in the front parking lot. (Photo Credits: Keira Sarni ’22 )

atmosphere and environment.

G: My favorite part about being a member of the Rosary family is meeting the parents of all of the students. I mean they are frequently dropping things off, whether it be homework, books, laptops, bookbags, or even shoes, I always enjoy meeting everyone’s parents when they come to Rosary.

Q: What’s your funniest/greatest memory while being here at Rosary?

D: I have been fortunate enough to see the water polo, softball, and basketball team win CIF championships. I really adore sports, so those wins are some of the greatest memories I have had while being here at Rosary.

G: I wouldn’t say it’s funny, but the most fun memory has just been Red and Gold. You know when Red and Gold is going on and all of the girls are doing their thing on the lawn, when some of the girl’s sleep over at school in the gym, and then when everyone puts the posters all over the school. I mean some of them are really clever. I like to look over at all of them. When all of the girls dress up all crazy too, that tends to get really funny because a lot of girls will go so over-the-top.

Q: Outside of being a security guard at Rosary, what are some other hobbies/activities you enjoy?

D: Well, my grandson is involved in competitive swimming, so I spend a lot of time watching him race, which I really enjoy.

G: Um, outside of being a security guard, I really like to do home improvement activities. I do a little bit of everything. I do some carpentry, and I just like fixing up things around the house. I like building cabinets, so I built a lot of the cabinets in my house.

Q: Is there anything else that you would want Rosary students to know about you?

D: Prior to working at Rosary, I was a police officer at the Fontana Police Department for 11 years.

G: Hmm, a fun fact about me was that I served in the Marines for about 23 years.

Next time David or Greg happily wish you an amazing day at school make sure to stop and chat about how they’re doing!