Meet Rosary’s Maintenance Staff

Christina Vaughan, Staff Writer

You see them rushing around the halls, field, and restrooms, and you may be wondering just who these excellent staff members are. Rosary’s maintenance staff is vital to the functioning of Rosary’s campus. Since they are so essential to our school, I think it’s important that we get to know them.

These brief snippets do not represent the full list of our maintenance staff. There are other team members whom we could not get interviews with in time for publication, but we recognize everyone’s effort in making Rosary a safe and beautiful space for everyone.

Meet Mr. Lares

Mr. Al Lares, Head Facilities Manager (Photo Credit: Rosary Academy)

Mr. Lares is the head facilities manager here at Rosary and has worked on campus since 2016. He loves working at Rosary because it’s an opportunity for him to give back to the school that his daughter graduated from in 2016. He feels very privileged to provide the students with a pleasant environment so they can focus on their studies, and he takes his job very seriously. He wants our campus to be “immaculate” because he believes “cleanliness invites cleanliness.” In his free time, he likes to golf and visit his parents.

Meet Ms. Tapia

Ms. Tapia is one of the four maintenance staff members Rosary is lucky to have. Ms. Tapia works the day shift every day from 7:00 a.m. until school ends. She has worked at Rosary for five years and loves everything about her job, saying that she “[falls] in love with [her] job every day.” Ms. Tapia is regarded as beloved by both teachers and students. English teacher Ms. Barclay added, “Ms. Tapia is fantastic. One time last semester I lost my keys and Ms. Tapia took the time to look with me and let me back into my classroom. I really appreciated her help so much.” Ms. Tapia takes her takes great pride in her work, and when she’s not helping keep our campus looking beautiful, she likes to cook.

Meet Ms. Cardenas

The evening crew, from left to right: Ana, Rosa, and Gabriella. (Photo credit: Christina Vaughan ’26)

Ms. Cardenas is one of the three lovely essential workers who takes the evening shift at Rosary. She has worked at Rosary for four years and looks forward to her future here. She spends her free time with her family whom she loves very much.

Meet Ms. Sosa

Ms. Sosa is also one of our evening crew janitors. Ms. Sosa has enjoyed being on Rosary’s staff for four years, mentioning how “odd” and “stressful” it was for her not to be working during Covid-19 quarantine. In her free time, she likes to stay at home with her kids and go to the movie theater.

Meet Ms. Lepe

Ms. Lepe is one of the newest members of the Rosary family, having worked here for only eight months. She is the final member of the evening crew and brings her positive energy to her work. She loves spending time with her kids, watching movies, walking, and going to the gym.

Rosary is so grateful for the wonderful maintenance team that works so hard to keep our campus clean and beautiful! Next time you see one these hardworking individuals bustling around campus, be sure to thank them for their work; there’s no doubt that Rosary wouldn’t be the same without it.