Blasting Back To the Past

A group of freshmen royals take a group photo showing off their decade themed outfits and spirit!

Photo Credit: Daphne Ruffier

Photo Credit: Daphne Ruffier

Amelia Kennedy, Franny Lahr, and Becky Obinma, Staff Writers

To kick off the beginning of the dance season, Rosary Academy hosted the annual Welcome Back Dance. The theme this year was “Blast to the Past,” and students did not disappoint with their spirited decade themed outfits. The night was filled with fun, food, and dancing until 10 o’clock.

The evening began at 7 p.m. in the festively decorated Karcher Center. As students from Rosary, Connelly, and Servite arrived, they were welcomed by an array of 60’s, 70’s, 80’s and 90’s decorations. Bright colored balloon arrangements, Slinkys, disco themed streamers, and much more covered the campus of Rosary Academy. Along with the decorations, Kona Ice provided a refreshing snack for students to enjoy between songs.

The Royal Reporter interviewed a few Royals to get their take on the night. Freshman Daphne Ruffier told us about her rockin’ time at the dance.

Photo Credit: Daphne Ruffier
Freshmen Daphne Ruffier and Brooke Edwards pose before heading to Rosary for the big dance!

RR: What was your favorite part of the dance?

DR: My favorite part was being able to dance and hang out with my friends. I really enjoyed just going out on the dance floor and going crazy.

RR: Did you get any Kona Ice while you were there?

DR: Yes! After dancing for a while my friends and I got hot, and the Kona ice was really refreshing.

RR: After attending this dance, are you excited for the rest of the dances coming up in the year?

DR: I am very excited for the rest of the dances and their themes! I know my friends and I will have a great time!

Sounds like Daphne and her friends had a rad experience at the dance. Senior Carolyn Price told us about her final Welcome Back Dance.

RR: Knowing that this is your last Welcome Back Dance, was there anything that made the night memorable?

CP: The dance was memorable because a ton of our classmates from Servite, Rosary, and Connelly showed up and made the most of the dance! We danced crazy, took tons of pictures, and cherished the moments we still have with each other. I loved the theme of this dance, and it was fun to see everyone’s crazy costumes.

RR: What did your friend group do for costumes?

CP: Our friend group wore matching windbreakers that were neon pink, fanny packs that said “Party,” scrunchies, and leggings. We also put glitter on our faces and in our hair.

Photo Credit: Molly Rivera
Carolyn Price and Elise Middleton snap a picture together in their matching ensembles before heading to the dance!

RR: Is there any advice you would like to give to the underclassmen about dances in the future?

CP: My advice to underclassmen would be to go to all the dances, dress up crazy, don’t stress about getting a date, and don’t worry about embarrassing yourself because it’s more fun when you go crazy!

Blasting to the Past was an overwhelming success.  All students had a groovy time. The first dance of the season set the tone for the rest of the school year. Get ready, Homecoming 2017 is just around the corner and many more fun dances are in the works.