Franny Is in Paradise

Bachelor+in+Paradise+kicks+off+its+third+season+with+more+tears+and+drama+than+ever+before.+
Bachelor in Paradise kicks off its third season with more tears and drama than ever before.

Photo Credit: hindaily.com

Photo Credit: hindaily.com

Franny Lahr, Staff Writer

Photo Credit: YouTube
Contestants Taylor and Derek share a laugh together while getting to know one another.

The popular ABC reality TV show Bachelor in Paradise, kicked off four weeks ago and immediately captured its fans with humor, romance, and drama.

For those who are not familiar with Bachelor in Paradise, it is a spin-off of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette created by ABC, and it provides another chance for past contestants to find love. The contestants are placed in paradise on a beautiful beach in Mexico to find love. Each week, the power alternates from the women to the men. The first week, the girls had the power or “roses,” meaning they got to hand out roses to the male contestants; thus, they were ensured to stay another week.

This is the third year of Paradise and Ms. Barclay shares, “I love ridiculous drama of reality TV. It soothes me and reassures me that my normal life is just fine.” So if you consider drama and a lot of tears good television like Ms. Barclay, Bachelor in Paradise is the show for you.

I love all versions of The Bachelor, but Paradise is my favorite. It’s a far more realistic scenario in which contestants find love because of more genuine connections. In Paradise, contestants spend all day together on the beach resort or on a date somewhere in Mexico. The ability to spend more time with one another and with focus on only one person makes the connections more real and gives the relationship a real foundation for success.

There have been two success stories that include Jade and Tanner Tolbert, who are married and just had their first born daughter, Emerson. The other couple to come out of Bachelor in Paradise is Carly and Evan Bass, who were just married on one of the first episodes of this season on the same beach they met on!

So far this season, some couples have formed but remain shaky in terms of their feelings. Taylor and Derek are the only stable couple at the moment. In fact, last week, US Weekly reported the couple has become engaged!  Two love triangles are also prevalent as two girls are still fighting over one man, neither wanting to give up or move on.

Bachelor in Paradise is just heating up and will only get better as the weeks go on. Relationships will be tested, and hearts will be broken, but in the end hopefully one couple ends up engaged. Be sure to tune in on Monday and Tuesday nights at eight o’clock on ABC. Believe me, no one wants to miss the next breakup or inspiring love story on Season 3 of Bachelor in Paradise.