Weird Websites

Sophomore Joy Joukhadar happily searches the internet.

photo credit: Kaleigh Dreyer

photo credit: Kaleigh Dreyer

Kaleigh Dreyer, Staff Writer

So, it’s a boring Sunday, and you’ve scrolled through Instagram more times than you can count, taken seven different personality quizzes, and read all of the latest Buzzfeed articles. If you’ve run out of options, here’s a list of five of the weirdest (yet safe) websites on the internet.

5. 99rooms.com

No more 2048 Cupcakes for you; 99 Rooms is the new boredom-buster web game. Created by Kim Köster, Richard Schumann, Stephan Schulz, and Johannes Buenemann, this game has the player go through 99 rooms (as the title states). All of the rooms are depicted by pictures of the abandoned East Berlin Industrial sector, and there are certain clues in each room that will get you to the next one. The game could take a while, but it’s worth it for a few days of adventure and mystery.

4. endless.horse

Do you love scrolling and scrolling for hours on end? Then Endless Hose is the website for you. This website consists entirely of a horse who is made out of text with legs that go on, literally, forever. No one has ever found the end of the horse and it makes one wonder, who has the time to make a thing like this???

3. www.fallingfalling.com

The only way the describe this website is, artsy. Which makes sense since the person who created it, is a well-known web artist named Rafaël Rozenedaal. The website consists of one page, which has a series of shapes continuously falling in on each other. It’s actually kinda calming, and would look great as a Screen Saver.

photo credit: www.fallingfalling.com
Art from fallingfalling.com.

2. isitchristmas.com

Do you have trouble keeping track of time? Ever wake up thinking it’s December 25th, when it’s actually May? Well then this website is for you. If it is any other day besides December 25th, then the website’s main (and only) page will have a bold NO on the screen. If it is the rare occasion of Christmas, the website will say YES.

1. ilooklikebarackobama.com 

The man who runs this website is having a serious identity crisis. This entire website is based upon a man, who is simply named Trevor, who believes he looks like former President Barack Obama. He has even had people come up to him on the street calling him Mr. President. The website also has pages listing the similarities and differences between Obama and Trevor. This website is great for a good laugh.

There are many, many, more strange websites like these ones, but listing them all would take forever. But that doesn’t mean you can’t find them! Now that you’ve read this, go out and find some more weird websites of your own.