Grab Your Remotes

Photo credit; pixabay.com

Kaleigh Dreyer, Staff Writer

Fall is almost upon us, and that means chillier weather, pumpkin spice frappuccinos, and of course, favorite TV shows starting back up. If you don’t know what to watch on a homework-free night, here’s a list of dates and times when TV shows will air.

• For those who are into documentaries, a new show called Diana: Her Story recounts the life of Princess Diana. This show comes out on Tues. Aug. 22 at 8 on PBS.
  • Learn about the new craze, “tiny houses,” and watch Tiny House, Big Living, a reality TV show about the process of choosing the perfect tiny house. Premiers Thurs. August 24 at 9 on the DIY channel.
  • If you’re already excited for Halloween, FX has got something for you. American Horror Story comes out with its seventh installation of the anthology series on Tue. September 5 at 10.
  • Are you more excited to see Drew Scott do a cha-cha or a waltz? That’s right, the Property Brothers star will be joining the cast of Dancing With the Stars for its 25th season, when it returns Mon. September 18 at 8 on ABC.
  •  Star Trek: Discovery, a new futuristic show about exploring the far reaches of space premiers on Sun. September 24 at 8:30 on CBS. Fun fact: the Star Trek franchise has had six TV shows, adding up to 726 episodes and 30 seasons, as well as having 14 feature-length movies. Now there’s something you can do when you’re bored.
  • Nominated for 11 Emmys, including Outstanding Drama Series, the hit NBC show This is Us returns on Tue. September 26 at 9.
  • And who could forget about TV’s favorite comedy? For those excited to find out about the Dunphys’ latest antics, the ever-hilarious Modern Family comes back on Wed. September 27 at 9 on ABC.

Photo credit; commons.wikimedia.
The cast of Modern Family.

And of course, Netflix deserves it very own list. There are so many Netflix originals coming out this year, there’s bound to be something for everyone.

• If you love secret identities and superheroes, Marvel’s The Defender’s is about four unlikely heroes who come together to save New York. Now streaming.
  • Atypical is a new show about a adolescence boy who is on the spectrum. It’s all about growing up, and learning about who your are. Streaming soon.
  • Strange things are still happening in Hawkins Indiana. The widely-anticipated Stranger Things season 2 starts streaming on Halloween.

So if you’re getting bored of talking about classes all the time with your table, here’s something to look forward to. There’s sure to be many twists and turns in all of these shows, and all of them will have you saying, “DID YOU WATCH THAT EPISODE LAST NIGHT?!”