Summer Sports Trips for Royalty

This professional looking picture was taken by the one and only Victoria Hoferer, class of '17.

Photo credit: Tori Hoferer

Photo credit: Tori Hoferer

Lindsey Shank, Writer

Summer break is over, and sports teams are in full action, but some never stopped! Our Royal athletes are travelers with a mission. These Rosary teams bond, train, and qualify for elite competitions on their summer trips out of town.

This picture was taken after the Varsity Dance Team secured their spot for the Nationals in Florida. Photo Credit: Noreen Curry

The dazzling dance team made a trip to Palm Springs at the end of June for the annual UDA Camp. What is UDA Camp? This is a great bonding experience for the varsity team as well as the qualifying competition to go to Nationals in Florida.

Clarissa Arias, a senior on varsity says, “This trip was very challenging, but allowed me to bond with the new members of my team.” The cheer team goes on a very similar trip to Palm Springs called UCA Camp, where they also qualified for Nationals in Florida.

Additionally, the crazy cross country team caravanned to Mammoth for a week of training and fun in cabins. They got up early every morning and went for a high altitude run before hiking and relaxing during the day. These mountain runs prepared them for a competitive season and got them in shape to come back home and kick some booty on the cross country courses.

A senior on the team, Amelia Kennedy says, “The clay face masks and sauna are what make the trip so much fun. The trip breaks up the routine of running around Fullerton.”

If you want to go on trips and bond with some Rosary sisters, join a sports team and have the time of your life!