“The Sound of Music” opens next week!

(Photo Credit: Keira Sarni)

A sneak peak at rehearsal and stage props!

Skylar Cooper, Staff Writer

Next weekend, Trinitas Arts Conservatory will be showing “The Sound of Music.” This musical will be held at Servite High School in the theater from Thursday, May 5 to Sunday, May 8.

Tickets are still on sale and are located for purchase on the Servite High School website as well as the Trinitas Arts Conservatory website.

Giovana Watson ’22 gives her insight on the musical, “The show is incredible! I am so excited to be a part of this production and to be closing out my senior year with such an amazing group of people! Everyone is doing an incredible job and it’s coming together in the most beautiful way. I encourage everyone to come see the show and to use the promo code ‘Watson.’”

Behind the scenes of “The Sound of Music” production! (Photo Credit: Isa Cruz)

Sophomore Mandy Puga states, “You will never see another show like this one. The Sound of Music has such iconic scenes and songs which are performed beautifully by our amazing cast. Also, we have stunningly realistic sets that look just like the movie!”

Rosary and Servite students run this whole production, from stage lights to makeup to insert third thing here.

Backstage, Aly Gastinell ’22 gives her opinion: “The Sound of Music was the first musical I ever watched and it’s what got me into theatre. I found it very fitting that I would be in my last high school production. I am looking forward to be on SOUND crew for the Sound of Music.”

Many roles in the show are also double cast, with the “Vienna” cast performing on Thursday and Saturday and the “Salzburg” cast performing on Friday and Sunday.

Be sure to come and see the final show of the Trinitas 2021-2022 season. The link is located below for tickets as well as the cast list.

https://trischool.squarespace.com/2021-2022-season