Rosary Swim takes on El Modena

(Photo Credit: Jessica Hermosillo '14)

The team cheers as Elizabeth Harita ’22 approaches the wall on the second lap of her 200 meter Individual Medley race.

Elena Walz, Editor-in-Chief

Yesterday afternoon, Wednesday, March 2, the Rosary Swim Team participated in their first dual meet against El Modena High school. The Royals gathered for a rousing team lunch before heading to Servite to warm up and practice their starts.

Coming off an exciting performance at the Villa Park Relays last Saturday, the Royals were eager to compete in individual events. Freshman Elizabeth Ramos commented, “I had a really great time at the meet and I think our team was really able to come together and bond.” In addition to this being her first individual event, Elizabeth took first place in the Open Division 50 meter backstroke.

For the varsity races, the whole team rallied around captain and senior Elizabeth Harita for her 200 meter Individual Medley race. In the words of coach and alumna Isabella Kearns ’14, “I don’t think there’s anybody who didn’t hear you.” Girls from all grades cheered Elizabeth on as she took first place ahead of three athletes from El Modena.

Swim has their next meet at Troy High School on Wednesday, March 9. Meets are free and open to all.