Our Lady Feast Day

Sydney Rosario, Megan Martinez, Alicia Dofelmeier, and Dianella Sy smile with their rosaries after concluding the prayer service.

Brooke Kizziar, Sports Editor

On Thursday October 7, the entire student body of Rosary Academy gathered in the Karcher Center for a school-wide praying of the rosary.

The Feast of Our Lady is celebrated every year on this day and is celebrated in remembrance of the anniversary of the decisive victory of the combined fleet of the Holy League of 1571 over the Ottoman navy at the Battle of Lepanto.

Head of campus ministry Mrs. Eileen Kearns shares, “I love when the whole community just ‘pauses’ to take time to pray.  It is a wonderful experience when we gather together and respectfully and prayerfully come to our Lord and to our Mother Mary, it’s truly beautiful.  Many prayers were sent forth last Thursday through the intercession of Mary.  Like Fr. Duy said on Friday at Rosary Day – we need to come to our (Mom) Mother in Heaven often with our concerns and worry, she will lovingly take our prayers to her Son.”

Elena Walz ’22, Alicia Dofelmeier ’22, Megan Martinez ’24, Sydney Rosario ’23, Dianella Sy ’23, led the prayer service. Elena shares, “It was really special to lead a decade in front of the whole school. I love praying the rosary by myself, but doing it with my Rosary family was really impactful.”

Senior Lauren Cottrell also describes her experience saying “I feel closer to Mary by praying the Rosary. I think it was really helpful to hold this event especially with the stress of projects and common assessments.”

As we go through the rest of the year, Rosary looks forward to more opportunities for all school prayer.