Welcoming Ms. Sanchez to the Royal family

Photo provided by: Ms. Sanchez

Ms. Sanchez posing with her Frenchton, Auston Meatball for a cute picture.

Julissa Gonzalez, Staff Writer

Starting a new year means new faculty and staff for Rosary Academy. This semester, we welcome Ms. Sanchez who is a new academic and college counselor.

I had the opportunity to interview and get to know Ms. Sanchez.

Q: Where did you graduate from? 

A: I received a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Sociology from California State University, Fullerton. I then went on to earn a Master of Science in Educational Counseling and Pupil Personnel Services Credential from the University of La Verne.

Q: Why did you want to become a counselor?   

A: Of the many reasons, my biggest motivation to become a school counselor was my high school counselor. It can be challenging to find your direction and develop an academic plan. Having someone to guide you through that process is a tremendous help. My counselor assisted me and inspired me to do the same for other young students.

Q: What are some of your favorite hobbies that you like to do outside of work? 

A: When I am not at work, I like to take any opportunity to get outside to take a hike, ride my bike, or go to the beach. I also enjoy drawing, photography, and spending time with my family.

Q: What is your favorite place that you have traveled to and why? 

A: My favorite place I have traveled to would be Maui. I had a blast doing things like snorkeling, scuba diving, zip-lining, and hiking. One morning, I woke up early to go on a bike ride and watched the beautiful sunrise. I can’t wait to go back!

Q: Do you have any pets? 

A: Yes! I have a Frenchton (Boston Terrier and French Bulldog mix). His name is Auston Meatball, and he is super friendly.

Q: What has been your favorite experience at Rosary so far? 

A: I have enjoyed my experience at Rosary Academy so far. The faculty, staff, students and families have been very welcoming. One of my favorite experiences has been attending the mass of the Holy Spirit.

Q: What is one thing that you are looking forward to this year at Rosary?

A: I am looking forward to getting to know the students as I help them on their way to achieving their academic and career goals during and after their time at Rosary Academy.

This is Ms. Sanchez enjoying a nice hike. (Photo provided by: Ms. Sanchez )

We are so glad that Ms. Sanchez will be joining us this year and cannot wait to learn more about her. If you see Ms. Sanchez in the hallway, make sure to give her a warm Royal welcome.