Meet Ms. Evans!

Photo Credit: Ms. Evans

Ms. Evans posing with her rescue dog Patchouli!

Skylar Cooper, Staff Writer

Ms. Evans is a new teacher to Rosary this year. She teaches psychology, sociology, learning strategies and world history. I was happy to interview Ms. Evans and helping our community get to know her better.

Q: How do you like Rosary so far?

A: So far, I am loving Rosary! Ever since my first day I have felt like the staff, faculty, and students have been genuinely happy to be here. It’s a really supportive community.

Q: What made you want to come to Rosary?

A: My mom and a ton of other family members went to Rosary. While I didn’t go to high school here, Rosary is an important part of my family and I knew it was a special place.

Q: What inspired you to be a teacher?

A: I’ve always really enjoyed school, but it was the amazing teachers I had throughout high school and college that made me consider teaching as a profession.

Q: What is your favorite thing about teaching?

A: I think learning and sharing knowledge with others is really cool! I feel lucky that I get to be a part of the learning process with the students.

Q: Do you have any hobbies?

A: I love to cook and listen to podcasts! I also love crafting, watching movies, swimming in the ocean, and going to thrift stores.

Q: Do you have any pets?

A:  I have a sweet rescue poodle mix named Patchouli. He is the best!

Q: What’s your favorite movie?

A: I really love “The Sound of Music.”

Q: What was your favorite high school memory?

A: A memory that sticks out to me is when my friends helped paint my bedroom walls green and pink. It didn’t look perfect but we had a blast eating pizza and singing along to the “Mamma Mia” soundtrack!

Ms. Evans is very kind and is happy to meet with any students that come her way. If you see her in the halls, say hi!