Thespian Awards Ceremony

Photo by: Patricia Buehler

Trinitas Senior Thespians

Alicia Dofelmier, Contributor

On Thursday May 11th, Trinitas thespians and their families gathered in Servite’s auditorium for the annual awards ceremony. Usually the awards take place at a hotel and are accompanied by a banquet, but due to COVID, adjustments to the ceremony had to happen. There was no banquet and the awards took place in the Servite theatre. However, even though it may not have been a traditional end of year banquet, everyone still enjoyed themselves.

The night started off with Mr. Marrone welcoming everyone to the 2020-2021 awards ceremony and was followed by Claire Early’s ‘21 presidential address. Claire Early is the president of the 2020-2021 Trinitas Thespian Board. Her speech was very moving, and she made sure to include special memories and/or lessons she learned from each show that she did at Trinitas.

After Claire’s speech awards began to be handed out. There were awards for earning a letter patch for being a Thespian, awards for amazing work in Conservatory classes or mainstage productions, and Senior Awards. There was also an induction ceremony for new Thespian Board members as well as new Thespian officers. All of the Senior Awards were accompanied by touching tributes written by the new incoming Board. The night ended with a beautiful and well put together video of Trinitas events that had taken place throughout the year which was courtesy of Bridgette Sanders, Historian for the Thespian Board. 

The 2020-2021 Thespian Board (Photo by: Patricia Buehler)

When asked how he felt about the awards ceremony Mr. Marrone, Trinitas Arts Conservatory’s Executive Director, said, “In a year filled with challenges, change, and loss, this year’s Thespian Award Ceremony was so much more than celebrating the excellence of the students in our community. It was also about recognizing the resilience, persistence, and hard work that got all of us across the finish line. It was an incredible year full of many victories of all sizes and this year’s ceremony was certainly an indication of that.” While this year’s awards ceremony may have looked different due to COVID it was still a wonderful time to come together with friends and family to celebrate.

Full List of Award Recipients