What’s Happening in May?

What's Happening in May?

Alicia Ventura, Editor-in-chief

Having started the school year fairly early (compared to most schools, including Rosary’s brother school Servite High School), Royals now have one more month of school left- the finish line is so close!

Seniors (from left to right) Noelle Bermudez, Paige Rosenkranz, and Brooke Bowen are so excited for their last month of school and all the activities Rosary has planned.
Photo Provided by Alicia Ventura

Despite winding down for the rest of the school year, there is still so much going on at the academy. Here are some of the dates you might want to keep on your calendar for this upcoming month:

1. Senior College Class Photo: May 3rd
Starting bright and early on Monday morning at 7:30 a.m., seniors will be gathering at the Rose Garden to take their college class photo together! By then, they would have made their official college decisions and will be able to show the school where they will be going for the next four years.

2. May Crowning: May 4th
As it is the month of the mothers, Rosary will be having a mass in honor of mother Mary and crowing her at the end of it! Royals will be honoring Mary as the Queen of Heaven this day; so, of course, it is a day of celebration and great joy!

3. AP Testing: May 4th-May 17th
AP exams have finally arrived and it’s time to double down and hit the books! For those at school, students will be taking their exams at school. Of course, if your circumstances are different and are unable to take your AP exam at school, there are other testing dates available. Here is a link to College Board’s website so you can see other possible testing dates!

4. Morp: May 8th
Amidst the stress of AP exams, Royals get a chance to take a break and just dance! Morp is open to Freshmen and Sophomores only and will take place at Servite’s quad from 7-10 p.m. Permission slips can currently be found in the Activity room. Take some time to destress with your Royal sisters and Servite brothers, but don’t forget your mask!

5. Yearbook Rally and Seniors’ Last Day of Classes: May 13th
On the 13th, Rosary will be following a flex schedule to make time for their Yearbook Rally and present the hard work of the yearbook staff throughout this whole year to the student body. The theme of the yearbook will be revealed as well as next year’s yearbook staff. Afterward, Seniors will pick up their cap and gowns for graduation and then be dismissed for the rest of the day.

6. Designated Senior Privilege Day/ Royal Farewell: May 14th
This day is for the seniors, given to them by the administration. You will not be seeing them on campus that day- except for maybe The Royal Farewell which will take place in Rosary’s Quad and field. From 6-10 p.m., Senior Royals will get the chance to reminisce their four years at Rosary Academy by eating together, watching Red and Gold videos, and other activities yet to be revealed.

7. Prom: May 16th
The dance to end all dances (for the year) has also finally arrived. Deprived of a Prom their junior year, Seniors will get to come together and dance one last dance with each other. This year, prom will be at The Hanger in Fullerton from 7-10 p.m. Keep an eye out for an article about the Prom fashion from beautiful Royals.

8. Baccalaureate Mass: May 19th
The very last Rosary Mass will take place this day. Seniors will be prayed for and honored throughout this event which will begin at 5 p.m. After the Mass, Senior awards and cords will be handed out and will end around 8 p.m.

9. Graduation: May 20th
This year, seniors have been blessed with the opportunity to have their graduation on time and with four guests in attendance! The graduation will begin promptly at 5 p.m. and end around 7:30 p.m., so, seniors, make sure to plan dinner reservations accordingly!

10. Finals for Grades 9-11: May 25th-28th
Finally, at the very end of the year, freshmen, sophomores, and juniors have their finals. The end of the year has come, and it’s time to finish strong.

Filled with ups and downs, this year has truly been a blessed one. Dr. Seuss once said, “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”

Royals, you did it. Keep pushing through!