Second Guessing Prom?

Veralie Naranjo, Staff Writer

As you know, prom is just less than a month away. Before you know it’s going to be May 16th, hours before the dance.

You might be thinking you shouldn’t go if you don’t have a date.  However, you can still have fun going with your friends.  In fact, some students have the best time going with their friends instead of a date.

Penelope Hoyos and her friends on their way to homecoming.
Photo Credit Catherine Hoyos

The thing to keep in mind is that if you don’t go to prom, you could potentially regret it forever. You have amazing friends here at Rosary and I guarantee you it can still be so much fun.

Anna DiCrisi ’22 said, “Freshman year I went to homecoming with a date, and let me just say it was so stressful. Like making sure that he shows up to the dance and that if his tie is the same color as my dress. But when I went to homecoming my sophomore year, I knew that I didn’t want to go with a date. Instead, my friends and I decided to go with each other and it was so cool. We danced all night without worrying about what other people thought of us.”

Not that going with a guy is bad, but let’s be honest ladies. We have more confidence when we are with our girlfriends.

Don’t just take my word for it. English teacher Ms. Young said, “I stayed home just watched Sound of Music and ate a whole batch of lasagna”. Just because she didn’t have a date to prom. Based on her personal experience, she believes that, “EVERYONE should go to the prom-date or no date.”

Some home made lasagna.
Photo Provided by Veralie Naranjo

Remember, you are “here for a Good time and not a long time.” You can eat a tray of lasagna when you get home from the Prom.