Lolani Blas – OC Student Athlete of Character

Photo provided by Lolani Blas

Lolani after being awarded the OC Student Athlete of Character Award after a softball game.

Serena Park, Copy Editor

On Thursday, March 25, the Orange County Athletic Directors’ Association awarded senior Lolani Blas ’21 as Rosary Academy’s 2021 Orange County Student Athlete of Character.

This recognition is awarded to one senior varsity student-athlete each year at Rosary, who displays excellence in all areas, from academics to athletics, on-campus leadership to community service, and Lolani is more than deserving.

Lolani is a triathlete, not that she does triathlon, but she plays three sports this school year: cross country, soccer, and softball. Within these sports, she is a leader, as captain of both the varsity cross country and softball teams.

As for academics, Lolani has taken on a rigorous course load this year, with four Advanced Placement (AP) classes, while maintaining an over 4.5 GPA. Even with all her sports teams, she makes the time to serve on the yearbook staff as well.

On campus, she is a Royal Ambassador, hosting shadows, leading school tours, and going on school visits.

She also dedicates what little spare time she has to tutor both Rosary students in addition to students in her community.

Mr. Tice, our Director of Athletics and Lolani’s softball coach at Rosary, says, “Lolani has played three sports in her Rosary career, and for each of those groups she represents someone with integrity, spirit, and heart. She is an example for younger students to emulate in both her academic prowess and her dedication to team. Every sport should be lucky enough to have a player like Lolani on their roster.

Lolani remarks, “I am so thankful to be awarded with this honor, and I would like to thank Rosary for providing me the opportunity to be as involved in our community as I am.”

We are so proud of Lolani, and cannot wait to see what she does in the future.