Royal Scholarship Recipients

Photo creidt: Donna Reinbold

Lulu Parks ’24 and Sydney O’Blenes ’24, this year’s recipients of the Michaeleen Saint-Laurent Memorial Scholarship.

Serena Park, Copy Editor

On Friday, March 19, at the Feast of Saint Joseph Day mass, four Royals were awarded with memorial scholarships.

Senior Tahlia Garcia ’21 was awarded the Christina Burmeister Memorial Scholarship by the Burmeister family. This scholarship was created in memory of Christina Burmeister ’98, who displayed a deep concern for others, and an outstanding spirit of involvement within the Rosary community as well as in her church and civic communities. She was a writer for the Royal Reporter for three years while at Rosary, and had a passion for English and journalism.

Tahlia said, “”I am honored and thankful to receive the Christina Burmeister Memorial Scholarship and I admire her family’s dedication to keeping her legacy alive at Rosary through investing in education.”

The Chiaretta family awarded Kealey Busch ’21 the Lauri Chiaretta Memorial Scholarship. This scholarship was established in 1985 after her tragic passing in memory of her outstanding qualities of character, values, and concern for others, as well as her involvement in her community.

Kealey Busch ’21 smiling with Dr. Pautsch after being awarded the Lauri Chiaretti Memorial Scholarship. (Photo credit: Donna Reinbold)

Kealey stated, “I was truly honored to have received this scholarship that honors the memory of one of our Royal sisters. I hope by having received this honor, I can inspire other Royals interested in the arts to always put yourself out there and let your creativity shine! I know this scholarship will help my family a lot, and I am truly grateful to the Chiaretta family and all the wonderful things they have done for the Rosary community.”

Two freshmen were awarded the Michaeleen Saint-Laurent Memorial Scholarship by the Royal Rockin’ Retirees, a group of retired Rosary faculty. This scholarship was dedicated to and in memory of Michaeleen Saint-Laurent, who served as the Religion Department Chair at Rosary for many years. She was deeply immersed in her Catholic faith and dedicated to her family, students, profession, and colleagues.

The Rockin’ Retirees named Lulu Parks ’24 and Sydney O’Blenes ’24 as this year’s recipients of the scholarship. Lulu remarked, “I am so honored and thankful for the Rockin’ Retirees to have awarded me this scholarship. I hope that I will live out Michaeleen Saint-Laurent’s legacy.”

We are so proud of these Royals and can’t wait to see how they continue to fulfill the legacies of the women to which the scholarships are dedicated.