Alumna Spotlight: Lauren Vasquez ’19

Lauren+Vasquez+%2719+during+senior+night+for+cheerleading.+Photo+provided+by+Lauren+Vasquez.+

Lauren Vasquez ’19 during senior night for cheerleading. Photo provided by Lauren Vasquez.

Isabel Alderete, Editor-In-Chief

Track and cheer star Lauren Vasquez graduated from Rosary in 2019, and from there she’s become even more accomplished. While she was lucky enough to fully experience all four years of Rosary before the pandemic, she’s still feeling its effects in college now. Here’s an interview with Lauren to see how she’s doing and what she’s been up to.

Q: What college are you attending, and what are you majoring in?
A: I am currently a sophomore at USC and am studying Health and Human Sciences.
Q: What is your favorite class and why?
A: My favorite class has been introduction to occupational therapy because I learned about the brain and different functions involved, such as sleep cycles, stress, and even dreaming. These are super interesting to me and the class went into a lot of detail.
Q: What are you currently participating in (clubs, sorority, sports, etc.)?
A: I am currently a part of the Alpha Delta Pi sorority, Make a Wish club, and the Sustainability Project, which is a club that works to make the community around us more sustainable. Right now, we are working to limit plastic waste by collecting plastic and turning them into new products. We are also working with companies around campus to limit the use of Styrofoam. I love being apart of the Sustainability Project because I am making a direct effort to benefit my community.
Q: What are you most looking forwards to after or during college?
A: I am most looking forward to being able to go to football games again and take more classes that relate to my desired profession, physical therapy.
Q: What is your favorite Rosary memory/ What do you miss most about Rosary?
A: Some of my favorite Rosary memories were made by being apart of the Track and Field team. I was able to create friendships with girls from all grade, and I loved traveling to different meets where everyone would cheer each other on. I definitely miss the Rosary traditions like Red and Gold; they helped build my confidence and leadership skills while bringing the student body closer.
Q: What is some advice you have for Rosary students?
A: I want to tell current Rosary students to get involved, whether it’s through clubs or other organizations. These will help build personal leadership skills as well as your confidence. Also, make sure to enjoy the traditions that make Rosary unique because they’re once in a lifetime opportunities.

Despite Covid-19, Lauren is definitely making the best out of the situation. While she loves all the fun times she spent at Rosary, she can’t wait to make many more amazing memories at USC.