Rosary’s New Hybrid Schedule

Tina Enright, Staff Writer

After quarantining for three weeks following the holiday break, Rosary students returned to campus last Monday. The new hybrid schedule allows all students to be in the same class simultaneously via zoom and in person, which allows for more instructional time. 

School begins at 7:55 and ends at 2:00. There is a split-lunch schedule, which means that half of the students have lunch while the other half is in class. All students must wear masks and remain six feet apart at all times in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

Erika Kuehl ‘22 shares how she feels about this experience: “Even though it was hard adjusting back to a full day of school, I really enjoy being able to see my friends and make new memories on campus.” 

Lianna Enright ‘24 speaks from a freshman’s perspective:  “I wasn’t very excited about returning, but I like that it is giving me the chance to meet more people and experience life on campus.”

Jasmine Vodhanel ‘21 has another good opinion to share. She says, “I like that I get to see my friends from other cohorts when teachers stream their classrooms. I also like having lunch with my friends because I haven’t been able to see them and talk to them for so long.”

Rosary’s French and AP European History teacher Dr. Villasenor explains, “One of the benefits of the new hybrid model is that it allows teachers to conduct class in a more efficient manner. By having both cohorts present simultaneously via zoom and in person for each 75-minute class meeting, teachers are now able to cover curriculum at a more optimal pace.”

Next week Rosary will begin operating on the Red & Gold schedule, which allows for an additional “flex” period where students will meet with their categories. For the next six weeks, school will end at 3:00 instead of 2:00. Rosary is excited to be able to experiment with this new schedule and appreciates everyone’s patience and diligence during this time.