Introducing: New Freshman ASB Officers

Pictures of the new Freshman Class officers. Photo credit: @rosaryroyals on Instagram

Abigail Tice, Editor

Since the beginning of the 2020-2021 school year, the new freshman officers have been chosen. There were many freshmen who were interested in running, but there were only 4 spots to be filled: President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. Each of the newly elected officers were asked a series of questions so that the rest of the Rosary community may get to know the newest members of the ASB team.

The first interview was with Julia Watson ’24.

Q: “What is the name of your position on ASB?”

A: “I am the Freshman Class President.”

Q: “Why did you decide to run for office?”

A: “I have always wanted to be on ASB and Rosary gave me the chance. I love being involved with on campus activities.”

Q: “What are you most excited about for ASB?”

A: “The ability to be involved with my freshman sisters and help all of us bond as a class.”

Q: “What else do you enjoy doing?”

A: “Well, I enjoy playing soccer outside of school and I hope to play for Rosary’s soccer team. I also do triathlon with Rosary and this is my first year trying it. I have an older sister who is a junior that goes to Rosary as well and we run the TOPS Soccer club.”

The next interview was with Isabella Florin ’24.

A: “I’m Isabella (Bella) Florin and I am ASB Freshman Vice President.”

A: “I decided to run because high school goes by fast and I want to remember and enjoy my four years. I also ran because I want to branch out and make more friendships.”

A: “I am very excited to help plan ideas for the freshman class as well as activities we can do together. I know that in this time there isn’t much we can do, but I know there are exciting things coming our way.”

Q: “What else do you enjoy doing?”

A: “I enjoy doing Cheer, meeting new people, and hanging out with friends and family. I also love to dance, sing, and try new types of food.”

The third interview was with Sara Garcia ’24.

A: “My position is Freshman Class Secretary.”

A: “I decided to run because I wanted to get my foot in the door for ASB without running for a major position and secretary was my best option.”

A: “I am excited to keep the freshman class informed and to work with my fellow officers to help them reach our full potential.”

Q: “What else do you enjoy doing?”

A: “Some things about myself: my favorite colors are white and turquoise, I enjoy reading, travel, going to the beach, and spending time with my friends. My favorite books are Elanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell, Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy, and the Harry Potter series.”

The fourth, and final, interview was with Amanda Gibson ’24.

A: “My name is Amanda and I am the Freshman Class Treasurer.”

A: “I decided to run for treasurer because I wanted to be a part of something important at Rosary and this seemed like a great opportunity. Also, I have always wanted to be a part of student council and I did not want to miss my chance.”

A: “I’m most excited to be involved and help with all of the fun activities at Rosary.”

Q: “What else do you enjoy doing?”

A: “I enjoy playing sports, specifically basketball, and playing my guitar and ukulele. I also love watching movies and listening to music on my record player.”

Each of these four girls are ecstatic to begin their new jobs on Rosary’s ASB board and they look forward to a great first school year at Rosary Academy.