Sports Are Back

Kolina Janji, Staff Writer

After months of quarantine due to Covid-19, Rosary Academy is finally able to open their sports program once again with safety precautions to help prevent the spread of the virus.

Even though it may be difficult to get right back into the exhilarating world of sports after a long period of time, the athletes at Rosary Academy are more determined than ever to continue their sports training with a positive, yet pragmatic attitude.

Student-athlete Sarah Bradford ’23 practices for the Rosary Academy water polo team at Servite. Sarah shares, “Recently, our water polo and swim teams were just cleared to be able to go back to practice…It’s definitely not easy, since I’m so out of shape, but I’m super excited to be back.”

Sarah also continues to practice for the Triathlon team at Yorba Linda Regional. At practices, the team goes on morning bike rides around the park.

Sarah mentions, “It’s a great feeling to be able to get outside and see how calm and peaceful it is in the mornings.”

Even though it is not known when games and tournaments will start to take place, Rosary Academy is slowly but surely making it possible to play sports again like old times.

Students on the swim and water polo team practice in the Servite pool. Photo by Elizabeth Harita