Allison Perea, Signing Off

Allison Perea, Staff Writer

Well, four years have come to an end. I really didn’t expect it to go by this fast. People always said that it goes by in the blink of an eye, but I didn’t believe them. Now I’m here and my high school experience has ended and I didn’t even get the chance to process the change. It doesn’t really help that we’re all stuck at home, but it isn’t as bad when you get to go through it with your friends…over Facetime at least. 

Me and my group at Kairos 57. Photo by Allison Perea.

Rosary has been the absolute best decision I have ever made. I looked at other high schools, I shadowed, I went to information sessions, but no school could give me the same feeling that Rosary gave me. When I shadowed, I instantly knew this was the place for me. The girls were not only amazing and welcoming, but they made me feel included. They asked me questions about myself and were excited to show off the things at Rosary that they loved. After arriving here, Rosary became a place that I could be completely free. I was free to be myself and try new things. There was no judgment and if I didn’t want to brush my hair that morning I was free to throw it up in a ball on the top of my head.

Supporting my friend Caylee Santos’20 at basketball senior night. Photo by Allison Perea.

One of my favorite experiences of high school is Red and Gold 2020. Even though it didn’t end the way we wanted it to, it was a magical time. Being one of the Red Script Captains gave me the opportunity to meet a bunch of new people and work with one of my best friends, Anna DiCrisi ’22, on the red script. We had so much fun coming up with ideas and sitting down to write them. We thought we were the funniest people ever because we put our pictures on the cover page of the script. Then, when it got to kickoff night, we performed my favorite kickoff script ever about a teachers vs. celebrities basketball game.  I couldn’t stop laughing even while performing. The Red Producers, Julia Toth’ 20 and Tara Fishman ‘21, made our team an amazing environment to be in. They were there to be sure we were on task, but also made sure we were having fun. I can’t wait for the 50th Red and Gold to happen. I’m positive the Red Team has a great chance at the win.

Anna and I at the captain’s dinner the night before Red and Gold was supposed to begin. Photo by Allison Perea.

I am going to miss Rosary a lot. It went by way too fast and I wish I could stop for a moment and take in the beauty of our motel shaped building. The memories I have made here will last forever. I can’t wait until we are able to go back on campus and say one final goodbye.