RA! RA! Rowdy Royals!

Allison Perea, Staff Writer

As the winter season is coming to a close, some of our teams have headed off to CIF playoffs. Water polo and basketball are our two teams shooting for a spot at the State Championships. We have had some amazing turnout at these playoff games from the Rowdy Royals.

Riley Hawkins ’20 and Megan Kendall ’20 support their favorite junior Lauren Wolley. Photo by Mrs. Rienbold.

Our student section here at Rosary looks like a sea of red and gold filled with faces that are almost as red as the tutus they’re wearing. “The screams coming from our section are so aggressively loud,” says Megan Kendall ‘20. “I get worried that I won’t be able to hear the next day.”

The student section at the water polo CIF playoff game on February 27 was loud and proud. They were very excited to see our water polo team, and their favorite English teacher, take home the win. Our student section couldn’t stop cheering after the girls scored Rosary their first championship in 21 years. 

Ms. Barclay and Ms. Young support their fellow English buddy Mr. Bevins at the water polo game. Photo by Mrs. Rienbold.

Basketball is also gearing up for its state playoff season and the Royals are ready to show up to cheer for their classmates on the court. Frequent game attendee Maria Braatz ’20 said, “I love going to the basketball games because they have me on the edge of my seat every time. I really want to watch my friends succeed so I get excited and nervous for them.” 

Rowdy Royals cheer for the basketball team. Photo by Mrs. Rienbold.

If you want to be a part of the 8th best basketball student section in Orange County according to the OC Register, then you should come out to the next games we have on campus. They are sure to give the Servite Asylum a run for their money.