Keepin’ Up with the Ballers

Rosary basketball seniors pose together during senior night. Photo provided by Caylee Santos

Isabella Tejeda, Staff Editor

Rosary’s basketball team has had an amazing season so far with 19 wins and 10 losses. They are currently competing in the CIF playoffs, and the team feels confident about where they’re at.

Last night (2/19/20), basketball competed fiercely against Windward High School at Windward. Although the score did not reflect their hard work (63-48), the team knows they tried their best. Caylee Santos ‘20 commented on their performance and expanded on how to improve, “We have all been working super hard to get where we are today. The loss last night was tough, but we are still in the game so I know we will fix our mistakes and do better on Saturday.”             

This was the second game in a three-game pool they are currently competing in. The team is guaranteed a third game and a bid into the state playoffs, although they do not know what division they will be in yet.  Bryn Boznanski ‘20 tells the Royal Reporter how she feels their team will do at state, “State playoffs will be interesting depending on our division, and though we have faced struggles recently, we will be ready for the state competition.”

Many Rosary basketball fans are excited for what the team has in store. Tatum Larson ‘23 explains, “I absolutely love going to Rosary basketball games. Being a freshman, I didn’t really know what to expect, but I love watching Caylee Santos ‘20 switch it up on the court.” Another fan, senior Kat Davis, says, “I have been going to almost every basketball game since my freshman year. I remember when we went to the championship game in Sacramento, and we all took a bus to get there. I’m so excited to see basketball play this Saturday.”

Rosary basketball ballin’ it up on court. Photo by Mrs. Reinbold