Beloved Bishop Vann Visits Rosary

Bishop Vann. Photo Credit: RCBO.org

Bishop Vann. Photo Credit: RCBO.org

Alicia Ventura, Staff Writer

Students have seen him at big school masses and possibly even in their parish, but this time, Royals had the honor of seeing Bishop Kevin Vann (as well as his two dogs) in their classroom.

Rosary Royals get to meet Bishop Vann’s two dogs, Gracie and Griffin.
Photo By Mrs. Reinbold

According to Mrs. Kearns, the Director of Campus Ministry, Bishop Vann visited Rosary for a “non-formal” visit where he was able to speak casually to students and teachers.

Bishop Vann enjoyed talking with both faculty and students on his visit to Rosary.
Photo By Mrs. Reinbold

Bishop Vann shared with the Royal Reporter that he enjoyed visiting Catholic schools to “encourage both teachers and students in their mission” which includes being a holistic example for the community.

The Royal Reporter also got the inside scoop about the Bishop’s involvement in Trischool’s spring musical, “The Fantasticks.” According to Mrs. Early, Servite’s vice president of advancement, the Bishop really enjoys the musical and is really excited to be involved in the cast.

Tri-school’s spring musical will be open to the public on April 30th, May 1st, and 2nd at 7pm; May 3rd at 2pm. Go and support the Bishop as well as the rest of Tri-school’s student cast and crew.

Bishop Vann is a big fan of the Piano and got to play for the Royals.
Photo By Mrs. Reinbold

Here are four facts about Bishop Kevin you probably did not know:

1. He owns two dogs: Gracie and Griffin
  2. He is the oldest of six
  3. He and his siblings were redheads
  4. He likes to play the piano (He even owns a self-playing piano)

The Bishop is a very busy man and Rosary was very lucky to have him and his two dogs on campus.