Sister Spotlight: Isabella and Sofia Pasino

Sofia Pasino and Isabella Pasino together at a baseball game. Photo provided by Isabella Pasino

Maryann Compton, Editor

You might have seen these sisters at Starbucks, or maybe pulling up in the St. Juliana’s parking lot, but if you haven’t, the Royal Reporter would like to introduce our student spotlights of the month, Isabella Pasino ‘20, and Sofia Pasino ‘22

The Royal Reporter asked each sister to tell us a little bit about the other sister, starting with the older sister.

Isabella told the Royal Reporter about Sofia’s artistic abilities: “She started getting into art a couple years ago, and I was really surprised because she wasn’t really artistic. But when she started to paint, she was really good at it, and it was cool to see her tap into her artistic side. Other than that, we get along well when we’re not arguing, and sometimes spend quality time with each other which I cherish.”

Next Sofia stated, “Isabella is an amazing sister, funny and very creative. We both share an interest in the band Panic! at the Disco, as well as many other things.”

Sofia Pasino ’22 posing for a photo. Photo provided by Isabella Pasino

The Royal Reporter asked each sister to gave an insight on their personality, letting the Royal Reporter understand who they truly are.

Sofia described herself in three words as “easy-breezy, fashionable, and creative.” Isabella described herself in three words as “ambitious, caring and a perfectionist.”

Sofia’s hobbies include practicing her makeup, online shopping and watching Netflix and YouTube. Isabella’s hobbies include going to concerts, taking pictures, and shopping at Urban Outfitters.”

Isabella told the Royal Reporter about her favorite sport, volleyball and explained, “I liked being part of a team and contributing as much as I could, to ensure my teammates were happy.”

Sofia also told her about her favorite sport which is tennis: “I love tennis. To me it’s easy once you get used to it, but learning how to play was difficult.”

On the topic of sports, the Pasino sisters like watching professional baseball, and told the Royal Reporter their favorite team is the Dodgers. “Our dad grew up liking the Dodgers,” explained Isabella, “so when we started to enjoy baseball, we started to love the Dodgers as well. A goal of mine is to go to each baseball stadium once, either to watch a game, or just explore the area.”

Isabella Pasino ’20 and Maryann Compton ’20 at a Dodgers game. Photo by Mauriz Stoddard

Another interesting fact about Isabella is that she has been to a boatload of concerts. She tells the Royal Reporter, “I have been to the 2015, 2016 and 2017 Jingle Ball concert, Wango Tango, Harry Styles, Sam Smith, Panic! at the Disco, Childish Gambino and will be seeing Harry Styles again on December 13th.”

Isabella Pasino at Panic! at the Disco. Photo by Isabella Pasino

The Royal Reporter asked Sofia her top 3 travel destinations and why, and she explained, “My top choice would be Bora Bora because I’ve always wanted to stay in a hotel in the middle of the water, they’ve always looked so cool. Similarly, I want to go to Iceland because I’ve also wanted to see what it would be like to stay in the ice hotel. Lastly, I’ve always wanted to go to France, Paris specifically to see the Eiffel Tower, especially at night.”

Now that we’ve gotten to know a little bit more about these outstanding Royals, don’t be afraid to say hi to them in the hallway or in the classroom.