Rosary Academy is filled with cheer

Allison Perea and Hayley Johnson

It’s the most wonderful time of the year, and Rosary is beginning to sprinkle holiday cheer all over campus. As stressful times like finals get closer, it will be incredibly exciting to have a festive change of scenery. Here’s what they’ve done so far:

Mrs. Schwartz preparing the wreaths. Photo by Allison Perea.   

The front office has added bright stockings and a festive tree to welcome and prospective students or guests to our campus. “When I walk into the front office, my day is instantly brighter, even when I walk in late in the morning,” said Madisen Gomez ’20 while running to her first class. If you’re ever feeling stressed or just need a little pick-me-up, just head into the front office to be filled with Christmas cheer. 

Stockings hung with care. Photo by Allison Perea.

Mr. Chavez brought some Christmas magic into his classroom. While it isn’t as extravagant as the front office, he put up some lights to brighten up everyone’s day, and a little decoration goes a long way.

Students enjoying Mr. Chavez’s lights. Photo by Allison Perea.

Mr. Rodriguez and the bell choir play beautiful Christmas music during period 3. If you’re ever walking past room 5 be sure to walk extra slow to listen to the bells. You can hear Santa making his way here for Christmas.

LEC decorations to celebrate the season. Photo by Allison Perea.

Some of the teachers, however, haven’t hopped on the polar express and decorated their classrooms yet. These classrooms have lots of stress-y stress-y and very little holy jolly. We asked Dr. Landgdon why he hasn’t decorated his classroom yet. “I just haven’t made it a priority,” he exclaimed sadly, “I’m not good at timely decorating or present buying. I am deeply ashamed.” We urge all the teachers who haven’t yet decorated to hang even a single ornament to bring some Christmas cheer.

So as you go from class to class in the next few weeks, take a peek into these festive classrooms — and maybe even gently remind those teachers who have not decorated yet that the holidays are here.