A Lunch Box Quest

Haley Haroutoonian with her lunch box. Photo by Maryann Compton

Maryann Compton, Staff Writer

Lunch is an essential period for Royals at the Academy. Many either pack lunch or buy it from our new lunch providers, Bevaris. However, if they pack their own lunch, they most likely use lunch boxes, which the Royal Reporter decided to look into to see which students have the most interesting lunch boxes.

Itzel Perez ’20 showed off her Toy Story lunch box. “Growing up, I really liked Toy Story,” she said, “and so when I was at Target I saw the lunch box and wanted to buy it. And so I did, and I do not regret it.”

Itzel Perez with her lunch box. Photo by Maryann Compton

Next, Juliana Poggi ‘20 showed her Bob Ross lunch box and shared, “I was in LA at a slide on top of a Bank of America building, and in their gift shop, I saw they had a Bob Ross lunch box, so I bought it because I thought it was so funny that he’s on a lunch box.”

Juliana Poggi with her Bob Ross lunch box. Photo by Maryann Compton

Junior Reina Jarcia owns a Peppa Pig lunch box and explained, “I got this lunch box because I wanted to ask my friends, ‘Peppa(aaa) what are you doing in my lunch box?’ as a joke.”

Reina Jarcia with her lunch box. Photo by Maryann Compton

Alyah Medina ’21 showed us her Simba lunch box, and told us, “When I saw the lunch box, I thought it was so cute especially with the ears that made it look 3D.”

Alyah Medina with her lunch box. Photo by Maryann Compton

Next we interviewed Lara Macatangay ’20, and she told us, “99% of the time, my lunch box is filled with trash more than actual food. I don’t know how I get so much trash in there, it just happens.”

Lara Macatangay with her lunch box. Photo by Maryann Compton

All around Rosary students carry around cartoon lunch boxes, or the infamous Lululemon bag. “A lot of students use a bag that the clothing brand Lululemon gives with every purchase,” explained senior Isabella Pasino, “because they’re very efficient and easy to carry. In addition to that, Lululemon always changes the design of the bag, so students can have similar, but different bags as other students.”

The Lululemon bag. Photo provided by Flickr

To conclude, many students carry around different lunch boxes, and many of them exhibit child-like features. Take our poll down below to let the Royal Reporter know which lunch box you use.

Which lunchbox do you use?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...