Welcome Back Tri-School

Welcome Back Tri-School

Seniors are seen together before the dance. Photo provided by Bridget Crowley

Isabella Tejeda and Kat Davis

A fun treat for all Tri-School students at the beginning of the school year is the Welcome Back Dance. This past weekend, on Saturday, September 14, Tri-School students gathered in sports themed clothing in Rosary’s Karcher Center and quad for a night filled with games and dancing. The dance even featured Kona Ice to escape the heat. The students received a ticket for a free shaved ice upon admission to the dance.

Servite seniors pose together before entering the dance. Photo by Jackson Howard

The quad area was decked out with various games such as Jenga, Mega Connect Four, and Corn Hole. The students were able to participate in some friendly competition, while also socializing and making new friends. Many who were tired from dancing so much, were found sitting, laughing, and simply hanging out at the tables. “I had such a great time with my friends. We danced all night and it was fun to just have a time and place to just hang out with them,” stated Madeleine Espinoza ‘24. “I am super excited for homecoming.”

Servite and Rosary students stand together before getting Kona Ice. Photo by Jackson Howard

Stepping into the Karcher Center was like stepping into a whole new world. The DJs had a light show set up along with a great playlist ready for the night. They even came down from their booth a few times to participate in dance circles on the dance floor. Students could also find tables to take breaks at, and balloons and other decorations to admire. “The Welcome Back Dance was very fun. The DJs were super cool and it was interesting to see one of them come down and dance with us,” Taylor Bastidas ‘21 commented. “I’ve never seen that before. The shaved ice was amazing, and the dance was all in all incredible.” 

Everyone found their own joy in the night. “This dance was my last first high school dance. It is kind of sad to think that in a year I will be starting a totally new school,” Servite senior Juan Brito shared. “I had so much fun dancing with my friends and going to Denny’s for a late night breakfast right after.”

No matter what grade you are in, or who you went to the dance with, all students could be seen having a good time.

Servite students smile with friends before dancing the night away. Photo by Jackson Howard