BFF Breakfast Spots

Seniors enjoying Panera together. Photo by Maryann Compton

Maryann Compton, Staff Writer

Waking up early is always a hard thing to do. We all need the extra minutes. But what if you were waking up for a yummy, fresh-out-of-the-oven Chick-n-Mini from Chick-Fil-A for breakfast? Many students at Rosary wake up early to get breakfast before school, which in some way puts them in a good mood. Seniors at Rosary know the best places to go to skip the line, or get a good deal, as the Royal Reporter discovered when we interviewed them.

Senior Itzel Perez told the Reporter, “My friends, Isabella (Pasino ’20), Mauriz (Stoddard ’20), and Maryann (Compton ’20), all got together with me at the park, and brought Panera before school. It was surprising because we were all able to get there early and eat together. Panera has an app that you can order ahead of time which saved us a lot of time.”

Senior Lara Macatangay explained, “Sometimes on the way to school, I stop by Chick-Fil A to pick up a sandwich and a cookie. The cookie I eat for breakfast, and the sandwich I save for lunch. During every purchase, if you scan the Chick-Fil A’s app, you receive points, which you can use for free food, which is what I do.”

Lara Macatangay ’20 with her cookie. Photo by Maryann Compton

Senior Kat Davis told us, “Starbucks is an essential part of my morning, because not only does it wake me up, but it makes my morning happy. Thankfully I can order from the app, and just pick it up. Starbucks is really good about making orders as they come in so I am never waiting or late to school.”

Senior Kat Davis with her yummy Starbucks drink. Photo by Isabella Tejeda

Seniors Caylee Santos and Asia Avinger said, “We went to Nature’s Juice, which sells açaí bowls as well as smoothies. I think its a fun experience to get breakfast with your friends, especially since we are both on varsity basketball together. This is a perfect breakfast spot because it is really nutritious and healthy especially for before school.”

Seniors with their açaí bowls and smoothies. Photo by Maryann Compton

Some other great places to try out for breakfast near Rosary include: 85 Degrees, McDonald’s, Blue Bowls and Philz Coffee. If you ever have a recommendation for breakfast items, feel free to leave a comment.