Royals Refresh During Labor Day Weekend

The+Rosary+XC+Team+posing+for+a+picture+in+Santa+Barbara.+Photo+by+Grace+Fairchild+%2721.+

Royals Refresh During Labor Day Weekend

The Rosary XC Team posing for a picture in Santa Barbara. Photo by Grace Fairchild '21.

Grace Battaglia, Editor in Chief

Labor Day weekend has officially come and gone. With a three day weekend comes lots of extra time to do fun things. Here is how a few Rosary Royals spent their three-day weekend.

Senior Melina Alsworth prepared for the upcoming ACT. “I knew with the long weekend that I would have plenty of time to get a few study sessions in,” she stated. “I definitely feel more prepared for the test after this weekend.”

After numerous hours of studying, Melina made time to celebrate her best friend’s birthday. Daniela Moran ’20 turned seventeen surrounded by her BFFs.

Daniela and Melina celebrating. Photo by Savannah Alvarado

Freshman Emma Oskorus spent her time at the beach. She said, “After my friends and I went to dinner near the beach, we sat on the beach, took pictures, and enjoyed the sunset. It was such a great way to spend my evening.”

Freshman Emma Oskorus ’23 with her friends at the beach. Photo by Reagan Beuerlein

Bernadette Hattouni ’20 enjoyed the OC Street Fair. She enjoyed walking around and trying lots of new foods. Bernadette wasn’t the only one enjoying tons of food this weekend. Caroline Linton ’21 attended the 626 Night Market. Caroline loved getting to eat all of the different types of foods they had there. Her favorite was the “loaded french fries” covered in delicious toppings.

Caroline thoroughly enjoying the tasty french fries. Photo by Serena Park

Junior Kaylee Rysdon had a blast with her baby cousin. Kaylee said, “I loved being able to see my baby cousin. Getting to spend time with any of my family always makes me so happy.”

Kaylee and her baby cousin using the face swap filter on Snapchat. Photo by Kaylee Rysdonk

Senior Riley Hawkins took advantage of the long weekend to get her wisdom teeth out. This allowed her to have the whole weekend to recover and minimize the amount of school she had to miss.

Riley Hawkins, post wisdom teeth removal. Photo by Shannon Hawkins

Whether you spent it at home relaxing, or were out and about all weekend, it is clear that the Royals sure knew how to make the most out of a long weekend.