Ditch Day Diaries

Ditch Day Diaries

Rosary seniors posing for a picture to celebrate their day off! Photo provided by Sam Zuniga.

Holly Middleton, Joy Joukhadar

Seniors across the country look forward to many milestones in their last year of high school – graduation, spring break, spirit weeks, prom – but an often overlooked event is senior ditch day.

Students await the day to skip out on school to celebrate their four years of hard work. This year, Rosary Academy graciously provided a specific day for the seniors to skip school while the freshmen, sophomores, and juniors had to stay. This saved the seniors from suffering the effects of missing four classes’ worth of work.

Here is how the seniors took advantage of no school on April 17th.

Haley Robinson and Laney Fernandez basking in the almost-summer sun! Photo provided by Haley Robinson

Haley Robinson decided to use her day off to have a silly photo shoot with Laney Fernandez. Both girls have been training so hard for their future military careers that they felt they deserved a fun day off. Haley told the Royal Reporter, “My best friend and I had a really cute photo shoot! We took really trendy pictures that I’m for sure gonna put up in my dorm next year at CSU Northridge.”

A group of seniors relaxing in a beach house on their day off. Photo provided by Sam Zuniga

Sam Zuniga and her friends were all able to meet up at the beach and get a beach house for the night. Sam says,”It was really fun hanging out at the beach with my friends. We’re all so busy we almost never get days where every single one of us can hang out together, so we decided to take advantage of ditch day and do just that!”

Sophia McGuire visiting the university she’s going to next year. Photo provided by Sophia McGuire

Sophia McGuire already committed to Regis University, but she wanted to visit one last time before she moved in next fall. “I thought I could use the day off to fly to Colorado and visit Regis–the college I’ll be going to. It was really helpful to see the school on a regular day and now I’m even more excited to go there. Ranger Up!”

Though it usually has a negative connotation, these seniors had the best time and made wonderful memories during their Senior Ditch Day!