Let’s Get S’MOREGON

Let’s Get S’MOREGON

Juliana Esquivel, who is going to Oregon in the Fall.  Photo taken by Mrs. Esquivel.

Juliana Esquivel, who is going to Oregon in the Fall. Photo taken by Mrs. Esquivel.

Izzy Lopez and Sofia Benavides

This year, Rosary Academy had a multitude of graduating students who will be attending colleges in Oregon this Fall.  The Royal Reporter decided to interview five of these eight students on why they all chose Oregon.

Sofia Oseguera ’19 says, “I chose Oregon for school because I liked the change of location. Eugene is a small town with lots of greenery whereas LA is like a concrete jungle.”

Senior Bella Davies adds, “I love the campus and the traditional college lifestyle that it has. I also really like how laid-back all the people are there and how pretty Eugene is.”

Kate Marshall ’19 says, “I chose the University of Portland because of the small size of the school (4,000 undergrad), the study abroad options, and the fact that it’s a Catholic school, which is important to me. There’s also a really cool masters program I get to be a part of for my major, which was a big draw. I think Portland is the coolest place ever and everyone there is so kind and down to earth, so choosing to live there for the next (at least) 4 years was an easy choice!”

Kate Marshall, who is going to Oregon in the Fall.  Photo taken by Mrs. Marshall.

Juliana Esquivel had a slightly different approach. “Since freshman year, I knew I wanted to live in the Pacific Northwest. I visited both University of Oregon and University of Washington this year, knowing I wanted to go to a big football school. I decided on Oregon because it is a little smaller allowing for more opportunities for lab work in my undergrad years! Also I ultimately want to end up in Seattle so I’m thinking University of Washington for grad school!”

Claudia Mancha says, “I decided to go to college in Oregon because as soon as I stepped on campus I felt at home. The campus is beautiful and everyone was so welcoming.”

Claudia smiling for the camera. Photo taken by Mrs. Mancha.

About the Writer
Sofia Benavides, Feature Editor

Sofia Benavides is a senior at Rosary Academy and a CSSSA '18 alum. She wants to be a professional writer and will be majoring in English and/or Creative...