Honorable Breakfast

Honorable Breakfast

Olivia and Emma Eyler 22' pose with their awards after the ceremony. Photo by Mrs. Eyler

Kat Davis and Isabella Tejeda

On the morning of April 25th, families of students who have exhibited high academic achievements gathered in the Karcher Center for the Honors Award Ceremony Breakfast. Parents were welcomed to muffins, fruit salad, and some coffee to start their morning.

Royals were recognized with a First Honors, Second Honors, and/or an Academic Merit Award. First Honors are given to those who achieved a GPA of 4.3 or higher, Second Honors were given to those who achieved a GPA between 3.7 and 4.29, and Merit Awards were given to the top student in each class, as determined by their teacher.

Other awards and scholarships were given out as well such as the “Hugh O’Brien” Youth Foundation Award: Sereba Park 21′; the Pepperdine Youth Citizenship Seminar Award (scholarship): Megan Darling 20′; and the Girl State Award: Vanessa Farooq and Bernadette Hattouni ’20

The Bronze President’s Volunteer Service Awards included Melina Alsworth 20′, Sophia Degrassi 20′, Bernadette Hattouni 20′, Cailey Rembert 20′, Kloey Reyes 20′, Sofia Thomas 21′, and Julia Valencia 21′. These students completed up to 175 hours of service in the past 12 months.

The Gold President’s Volunteer Service Award included Amanda Angle 22′, Marysol Cazarez 21′, Bridget Crowley 20′, Liana Hanz 22′, Daly Holman 22′, Mia Huffman 20′, Carly Johnnie 21′, Natalie Kim 22′, Elena Navarro 22′, Isabella Paoletti-Tejeda 20′, and Abigail Samaniego 20′. These students completed over 250 hours of service within the past 12 months.

Magan Darling takes a photo with Ms. Pautsch after receiving her awards. Photo by Kathy Darling

Royals of all grades have worked really hard for these awards. Lolani Blas 21′ stated, “After working so hard during the semester, it’s nice to be recognized at the ceremony. I’m proud of myself for my awards, but I’m always looking for ways to improve and to aim even higher,” and she isn’t the only one to feel so. Megan Darling shared that, “I’m truly honored and humbled to have received the [Pepperdine Youth Citizenship Seminar Award] scholarship, and I can’t wait to enjoy this unique opportunity and all it has to offer.”

Isabella Fuentes and Frida Gonzalez ’22 congratulate each other with a picture in front of the Karcher Center after the ceremony. Photo by Mrs. Fuentes

All who received an award should feel proud of themselves for their hard work, dedication, and achievements. Keep working hard Royals, finals and summer are just around the corner.