Softball Spotlight: Lanie Adamsen

Softball Spotlight: Lanie Adamsen

Lanie Adamsen throws up her college sign, Marymount California University. Photo by Kat Davis

Erica Barton, Staff Writer

As senior Lanie Adamsen finishes up her last season of softball with Rosary this year, she gives the Royal Reporter some insight on how season is going and what she is looking forward to the most next year playing college ball.

Royal Reporter: How has softball at Rosary made an impact on your life?

Lanie Adamsen: Softball at Rosary has made an impact on my life because I’ve learned a lot of life lessons that I know will help me in the future.

RR: Are you on a club team right now as well as being on Rosary’s team?

Lanie: Yes I am, I am on E1 Prospects 18U Juarez which is based out of Corona CA.

RR: How long have you been playing softball, and what is the most important lesson you’ve learned from it?

Lanie: I’ve been playing softball for 13 years now and ever since I was little I have always believed that if you truly worked hard for something

Lanie Adamsen throwing a hard pitch. Photo by SloppysGarage

you will eventually get to where you need to be.

RR: What position or positions do you play?

Lanie: I am a pitcher.

RR: Are you excited about playing softball in college?

Lanie: I am really excited for college softball because it is a new experience with new people and new teams. I am just really thrilled to be starting a new adventure.

RR: What is one thing you are going to miss the most after this season is over?

Lanie: I am going to miss how I am able to be a leader on and off the field. For example, if a freshman needs something or something is going on I can always be there to listen to her and give her advice because I have most likely gone through it. Also, on the field I am going to miss being able to cheer on my teammates when they make a good play or have made a good hit. Overall I am just going to miss encouraging everyone all the time and being there for them.

Go out and make sure to support softball’s only senior, Lanie Adamsen and the rest of the softball team before the season is over.