Junior Spotlight: Samantha Lechuga

Samantha Lechuga smiles big for her water polo picture. Photo by Reinbold Michael B Photography

Erica Barton and Izzy Lopez

Samantha smiles big as she dips her toes in the water. Photo by Samantha’s mom

As we wrap up this year, junior, Samantha Lechuga gives the Royal Reporter some insight on how her transition into Rosary has been. Samantha transferred from Warren High School in Downey, California, where she played water polo, swam and dance.

In her spare time, she enjoys hanging out with friends and family, watching water polo games and eating new foods. Samantha shared, “I love spending time with my friends and family because they mean a lot to me and we always do fun things with them. Whenever I am around them, we are always laughing and joking around with each other.”

Some fun facts Samantha shared with the Royal Reporter are that she loves to dance and go to the beach.

She shared that she used to dance for LA Dance Connection and says that now she does it on her spare time and it makes her really happy. “It is something that I have always enjoyed doing and even though I don’t get to dance as often as I used to it still is a lot of fun when I get the chance to.”

When coming to Rosary at the beginning of the year, Samantha was nervous because it was a new environment and she didn’t know that many people. Samantha explains “I was really excited but I was also nervous. I knew a handful of girls that are on the water polo team because we play club together, so I knew that would make the transition a little easier. Over the summer I played with the team and went on the trip to Catalina with them which helped me make closer bonds with the girls. After the trip, I felt less nervous about starting school because I had become friends with a lot of the girls.”

Samantha’s hopes to end with straight A’s and spend more time with her family and friends. Even though club water polo for spring and summer has just started she can’t wait for high school season to start again in the winter.

About the Writer
Erica Barton, Staff Writer

Erica Barton is a senior at Rosary Academy. She plays water polo and loves to travel. She would like to travel to Ireland and Italy one day. Her favorite...