Lacrosse Update

Our+Royal+Lacrosse+team+two+weekends+ago+at+a+tournament.+Photo+by+Holly+Middleton+

Lacrosse Update

Our Royal Lacrosse team two weekends ago at a tournament. Photo by Holly Middleton

Erica Barton and Izzy Lopez

Yesterday, March 14, Rosary Lacrosse played against Segerstrom High School.  It was a very close game; however, Rosary ended up losing only by one point, 11-10.

Senior (and LAX goddess) Holly Middleton made a grand total of six goals, sophomore Grace Fairchild made 3, and sophomore Allison Mitts made one.

Although the Royal lacrosse team had a lot of girls out sick, they still gave it their all when it came down to playing.

“We only had three subs out of our usual five subs.  We had a lot of ill or injured people that were absent, so I’m very happy to say that we still gave it our all and came neck to neck with Segerstrom,” Holly Middleton said.

Senior goalie Sophia McGuire made five saves against Segerstrom, which made the Jaguars work hard for every goal.  In the middle of the game, Grace Fairchild made an interception in the game, giving the Royals an advantage on the field.

“The game was going great in the first half but then we lost steam in the second, giving them the advantage to win,” Senior Marga Diaz told us.

Senior Holly Middleton (left) after her Sandstorm tournament game. Photo by Mary Middleton

“In the next game, I am really looking forward to playing better, everyone should be feeling better by then.  We hope that everyone uses the weekend to recover so they are able to play at their full potential at their next game,” Marga encouragingly told the Royal Reporter.

Their next game is Tuesday, March 19 against Laguna Beach at Laguna Beach High School at 4 pm.

Be sure to come out and support our feisty Royal Lacrosse team, and follow up on the lacrosse updates weekly.